AP 597 - New Anime!

Discuss individual shows here
VicMonado
Site Admin

AP 597 - New Anime!

Post by VicMonado »

So in light of Joseph going through a some lists of anime Otaku want to see made in the future during his news segments I'd like to open that up to you guys. What anime if you had the choice would you like to see made? It can be based of a manga, light novel a remake of an existing anime or a completely original idea of your own. The sky's the limit just really try to sell it to me!
vailreth
Fan
Fan

Re: AP 597 - New Anime!

Post by vailreth »

For an Original Idea, id love to see my idea Exorcist of the Divine Gate made into an anime. Its about a young man who has the ability to open Magical Gates that allow him to materialize different phenomena. He is the Heir to a Exorcist family that can Wield a Special Sword that can cut through the barrier between dimensions. aside from an overarching plot it would feature a Monster of the week plot with a harem comedy sub plot in the form of hsi Bodyguards being all teen girls his age.
Shieldbro
Fan
Fan

Post by Shieldbro »

The one manga that I would really love to be made as an anime is called A Method to make the world gentle or yasashii sekai no Tsukurikata. It's about a 19 year old prodigy who has to become a teacher of an all girls school due to a recession taking away his research funds. The setting makes it seem like a harem manga but it is actually about how the main character builds relationships that he never did while as a student because he was so smart.

Now that I've actually had the time to think more about what I would like to see as an anime here are some more mangas:

1. Horimiya. This manga does have an ova for the old version of the manga but the updated on going one polished up on the art and story.

2. We may be an inexperienced couple but... Is a manga about a newly wedded couple trying to have their first time. It is extremely cute and wholesome.

3. Shachiku Succubus no hanashi. This manga is about a succubus who does odd jobs for a guy she is trying to obtain the vitality of. It is also very sweet and wholesome.
Last edited by Shieldbro on Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Blackmagic4444
Colonel Exposition
Colonel Exposition

Post by Blackmagic4444 »

I want to see a real anime cross over,not something relegated to a special. Something akin to the Avengers or Defenders, where things are happening in the background of another show, that might be a main plot other characters are dealing with.The best part is I think anime can be the perfect medium to do this cause it doesn't have to be a long running series or an plan that has to stretch out over a long period of time to get done before the cross over happens.
Don't get left, just get on your good foot.
rampant_a_i
Bigger Fan
Bigger Fan

Post by rampant_a_i »

I would like to see a real anime series of the manga Mahōtsukai Kurohime. It is fairly old, by this point, but I recent recalled it fondly (believe it or not).

I would also be interested in a series that picks up on Ga-Rei. Ga-Rei Zero was good, but it was just a prequal to the actual manga.

I know several more manga I'd like to see given the anime treatment, but I will stop at these two off the top of my head.
Wherever you go... there you are.
xahldera
Bigger Fan
Bigger Fan

Post by xahldera »

I would liked to see Bubblegum Crisis remade. That or a proper continuation to the original 2033 OVA's and no, Bubblegum Crash and the 2040 series don't count! ;)

Otherwise, I would be interested to see an Anime take on Metal Gear Solid or Yotsubato.
THIS IS ONLY A TEST...
xahldera/X-ray Alpha

Trinityangel0666
Fan
Fan

Post by Trinityangel0666 »

I wouldn't mind a remake of Shoujo Kakumei Utena because this weird and outrageous show needs to be revamped. Even for a 90's show the animation was unique and ahead of its time. Another show I would love a remake of is Claymore. Even though this show is a little over about 10 years old it was one of the few manga titles I read and the anime was release while the manga was still ongoing so the anime ended on a cliffhanger.

What is real? How do you define 'real'? If you're talking about what you can feel, what you can smell, what you can taste and see, then 'real' is simply electrical signals interpreted by your brain.
InnocuousBlonde
Fan
Fan

Post by InnocuousBlonde »

I'm gonna go ahead and take things in an After Dark direction real quick - I wish there was more animation of Nozoki Ana (Peephole), because they made 2 OAV episodes, but with more manga source material left untouched. More erotic romance plz. Oh, and why not make a hentai animation out of Slut Girl while we're at it?

On a non-H note, well gosh, d'ya think we could get a REAL animation of some of Junji Ito's works? Not something hastily animated with hardly a fraction of the original dedication and artistic composition and flair as the manga source material?

And on a much fluffier note, an animation of Yotsuba&! would be flippin' adorable. Funnily enough, the Wikipedia entry for it states that despite the success of Azumanga Daioh (created by the same author), the author feels that it wouldn't adapt well to animation because "the stories and style of Yotsuba&! are not well-suited for animation."
Trinityangel0666 wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 12:49 am I wouldn't mind a remake of Shoujo Kakumei Utena because this weird and outrageous show needs to be revamped. Even for a 90's show the animation was unique and ahead of its time. Another show I would love a remake of is Claymore. Even though this show is a little over about 10 years old it was one of the few manga titles I read and the anime was release while the manga was still ongoing so the anime ended on a cliffhanger.
I'd sign off on both of these! Even if they just continued the story of Claymore (in a quality way!) I'd be pretty psyched.
Blackmagic4444
Colonel Exposition
Colonel Exposition

Post by Blackmagic4444 »

InnocuousBlonde wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:15 pm I'm gonna go ahead and take things in an After Dark direction real quick - I wish there was more animation of Nozoki Ana (Peephole), because they made 2 OAV episodes, but with more manga source material left untouched. More erotic romance plz. Oh, and why not make a hentai animation out of Slut Girl while we're at it?

On a non-H note, well gosh, d'ya think we could get a REAL animation of some of Junji Ito's works? Not something hastily animated with hardly a fraction of the original dedication and artistic composition and flair as the manga source material?

And on a much fluffier note, an animation of Yotsuba&! would be flippin' adorable. Funnily enough, the Wikipedia entry for it states that despite the success of Azumanga Daioh (created by the same author), the author feels that it wouldn't adapt well to animation because "the stories and style of Yotsuba&! are not well-suited for animation."
Trinityangel0666 wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 12:49 am I wouldn't mind a remake of Shoujo Kakumei Utena because this weird and outrageous show needs to be revamped. Even for a 90's show the animation was unique and ahead of its time. Another show I would love a remake of is Claymore. Even though this show is a little over about 10 years old it was one of the few manga titles I read and the anime was release while the manga was still ongoing so the anime ended on a cliffhanger.
I'd sign off on both of these! Even if they just continued the story of Claymore (in a quality way!) I'd be pretty psyched.
Blackmagic4444 wrote: I haven't read Slut Girl in years! I'd like to see a anime of that, I'd also add in Ring Round X Mama and Claymore with the new ending would be good cause I have not finished the manga cause it's a slog to get through.
Don't get left, just get on your good foot.