AP 616 - Short Shows

Discuss individual shows here
VicMonado
Site Admin

AP 616 - Short Shows

Post by VicMonado »

Given that there is now a decently sized amount of anime for whatever length of time you have available, what are your thoughts on short anime that range around 4-10 minutes-ish. Are there things they do better or worse in your opinion and maybe you can cite some examples of ones you like or dislike.
Shieldbro
Fan
Fan

Re: AP 616 - Short Shows

Post by Shieldbro »

The thing about short shows for me is that they don't have lot of time to present the idea for each episode so it could be pretty bad if the studio does it wrong. When they do get it right however, you get gems like "I can't understand what my husband is saying" which is my favorite short anime.
rampant_a_i
Bigger Fan
Bigger Fan

Re: AP 616 - Short Shows

Post by rampant_a_i »

There are only a couple of anime shorts that I have watched to the very end of their runs. Most of them are adaptions of 4-coma manga strips, and I can only recall a couple of them.
(1) Danna ga Nani o Itteiru ka Wakaranai Ken (I Can't Understand What My Husband Is Saying) was a pretty enjoyable one.

(2) And after that I have to mention one 4-koma that has been my all-time favorite, even though it's anime series was NOT a series of shorts, but each epsisode was a number of short little story arcs, Azumanga Daioh. I really appreciate Chiyoh's love of her dog Mr. Tadakichi.
ImageImage
Wherever you go... there you are.