AP 623 - Loli Day

Discuss individual shows here
VicMonado
Site Admin

AP 623 - Loli Day

Post by VicMonado »

Yes, I'm as surprised as you are that this is an actual unofficial holiday but since we're on the subject and loli's are pretty much commonplace in the medium at this point, list your favorite loli characters below.
rampant_a_i
Bigger Fan
Bigger Fan

Re: AP 623 - Loli Day

Post by rampant_a_i »

Loli characters usually cause me to cringe, particualrly in an anime where the art style is more realistic. And when there's the seemingly obigatory sexual overtones, it always flirts too close to the p.e.d.o. taboo, which is a no-go.

But that is not to say I dislike all characters who qualify as being Loli.

More recently, there is Yue in Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou. I read the manga first, before the anime, and in the beginning, I had a difficult time buying the excuse that she's a 300+ year old vampire. But this strong character has still managed to grow on me as the series progressed to where I can think of her as an under-developed adult.

But my favorite has to be Rory Mercury from Gate: Jieitai Kano Chi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri, Simply because she's over-the-top and hilariously intense. Her appearance is mitigated, again, in that she's really a 900 year old goddess.

Honestly, I'd just prefer it if these were grown women. But that's not what most audiences want. When these characters really are supposed to be underage, it just disappoints me, and sometimes ticks me off. (No, I'm not just saying this for the FBI and other government surveillance monitors. ;) Honest!)
Wherever you go... there you are.
marjibi
Fan
Fan

Post by marjibi »

I've watched a butt load of anime, but loli's still weird me out. Well, if they're sexualized.That said, I like Beatrice from Re:Zero. She takes no poopoodoodoo from a mid sized car brand.
Midnight Crooh
Fan
Fan

Post by Midnight Crooh »

Hmm, the first one that comes to mind is Furude Rika from Higurashi. She's pretty memorable because she turns out to not just be the pure moe blob she initially seems to be. A pretty cool twist that adds tonnes of depth to her character.

Then, to the surprise of precisely none, you have a bunch of characters from Made in Abyss. Riko, Nanachi (might be loli, might be shota. No one knows), Faputa, etc. Just a lot of likeable characters with dark twists to them.
ImageImage

Finally there's Enma Ai from Jigoku Shoujou who's just all kinds of otherworldly and spooky. Memorable because of how clearly inhuman she is. Looking back at this list I guess I like lolis with some genuine darkness underneath the surface. No pure moe daughterus for me, no sir! Fits perfectly with the halloween season too. Spoop girls for everyone! Image
-Crooh
Seanalpha
Not So Newb
Not So Newb

Post by Seanalpha »

He'll girl for the win every time