AP 634 - 2019

Discuss individual shows here
VicMonado
Site Admin

AP 634 - 2019

Post by VicMonado »

So because we ended a decade there was not a lot of focused on the actual year that passed but to keep it all condensed so it doesn't run through January, please share with us you favorite and least favorite anime from 2019.
rampant_a_i
Bigger Fan
Bigger Fan

Re: AP 634 - 2019

Post by rampant_a_i »

I cannot recall any series that I actually outright hated, those were mostly "meh" this past year. I tend to have learned to avoid the outright stinkers, or have been relatively lucky in that regard,

But I fondly recall several series from 2019 that I really enjoyed. (In no particular order:)

Vinland Saga

Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou

Go-Tōbun no Hanayome (The Quintessential Quintuplets)

Kaguya-Sama: Love Is War

Domesutikku na Kanojo (Domestic Girlfriend)

Kimetsu no Yaiba (Demon Slayer)

All in all, it was a great year for Anime series, and I could name many, many more (without even mentioning the full length movies as well), but I think I will leave this list here for now. I am certain others will mention the other great series we enjoyed.
Wherever you go... there you are.
marjibi
Fan
Fan

Re: AP 634 - 2019

Post by marjibi »

2019 started with a bang with a bunch of solid anime:
-Winter: the promised neverland, mob psycho 100 2, Dororo.
-Spring: Demon Slayer, and AoT S3P2.
-Summer: Dr Stone, Fire Force, and Vinaland Saga.
-Fall:The shows I'm watching are still airing.

There aren't a lot of mehs, but here are some:
-Shield Hero: I liked the way it started, only for it to devolve into a pit of genericness.
-Kenja no Mago: Another isekai that had an interesting start, but you know... isekai something something.
-Boogiepop: I dropped it coz I didn't have the patience for a slow burn anime at the time.
Fairy Gone: meh.

Finally One Punch Man 2. I didn't want to put it in either category coz I already like what one punch man is about, but man! the drop in animation quality was such a disappointment.

My interest in anime has been dwindling a bit, but I think my Japan trip revitalized my interest in the culture and in anime.
Here's one for another year of great anime.