Anime Pulse Forums Forum Index Anime Pulse Forums
Anime Pulse Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
bokusatsu tenshi dokuro chan

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Anime Pulse Forums Forum Index -> Other Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
toboe_the_kid
Warnings : 2

I've seen Akira

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 11:33 pm    Post subject: bokusatsu tenshi dokuro chan Reply with quote

this series is hilareous and possibly more trippy than FuRi KuRi and thats saying quite a bit. I don't know when it will be released over here, but heres the rundown.

a boy named Sakura (yup thats right Sakura) one day finds an angel in his home and has been living with her ever since. her name is Dokuro Chan and she was sent from the other side to come and kill Sakura. this is because in the future Sakura creates an invention that will harness the power of eternal youth. and creates a pedophiles world. so to distract him from doing so Dokuro decides not to kill him but spare his life. no instead she will tease him, humiliate him and kill him (she really does by means of a spiked bat dubbed Excaliborg.) only to bring him back to life once again.age ranking probably not for kids, at all. in fact for the sake of human sanity no one should watch it. but hell what fun is that? so check it out.
Ninjagaiden titan

Kohai (後輩)

Kohai (後輩)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

seen it, worshipped it, sacraficed to it, rince, repeat

does anyone know if there are any translations of the novels?

One_Sin wrote:
Love is yelling "surprise buttseks" at your boyfriend before showing him what you mean by "futanari".
DEATHGOD

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hillarous i recomend it but afterwhile it gets a little reptetitve. Still a good senceless violence Smilie_PDT
Warnings : 2

I've seen Akira

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

never will it be repetetive to me!!! *slaps you with excaliborg* haha, but yeah, I love this series, I wonder when it'll come to america on DVD.
Telfer

Sempai (先輩)

Sempai (先輩)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love it to bits =D

P.S. sorry for making a duplicate! Didn't realise! >_<

-----------------------------------------------------

Bleach predictions
-Grimmjow comes back and joins Ichigo against the invaders of Hueco Mundo
-Five special weapons - Ichigo, Ishida, Aizen, Yamamoto (1st Captain), Grimmjow
-Ryuuken (Ishida's dad) is one of the invaders
denka senchi

I watch Dragonball-Z

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 10:49 am    Post subject: bokusatsu tenshi dokuro-chan Reply with quote

I agree with everyone that it is a hilarious show, IMO, its much better than FLCL.

***SPOILER***

While FLCL is a classic, it lacks a storyline that allows you to take a break and process what you have just seen in the episode. I do love the cultural references that it presents, but the show is just too unbelievable. i.e. a ten year old falling in love with a 20-something year old alien, and being able to comprehend those types of thoughts. That part of FLCL would be more believable if the main characters were in high school or junior high, but them being in elementary school is just too unbelievable.

However, bokusatsu tenshi dokuro-chan isn't without its shortcomings either.
For one, the storyline was just like a typical high school anime, but with lewd junior high humor. Also, the storyline seemed incomplete, and did rip off some of the general themes from FLCL. It would have been better if they had at least not introduced a new character in the last episode, and only described a little bit of the angel's world.

Overall, I have watched both shows and love them both in their own rights.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Afro D. Luffy

Sensei (先生)

Sensei (先生)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 11:18 pm    Post subject: Re: bokusatsu tenshi dokuro-chan Reply with quote

denka senchi wrote:
I agree with everyone that it is a hilarious show, IMO, its much better than FLCL.

***SPOILER***

While FLCL is a classic, it lacks a storyline that allows you to take a break and process what you have just seen in the episode. I do love the cultural references that it presents, but the show is just too unbelievable. i.e. a ten year old falling in love with a 20-something year old alien, and being able to comprehend those types of thoughts. That part of FLCL would be more believable if the main characters were in high school or junior high, but them being in elementary school is just too unbelievable.

For one, the storyline was just like a typical high school anime, but with lewd junior high humor. Also, the storyline seemed incomplete, and did rip off some of the general themes from FLCL. It would have been better if they had at least not introduced a new character in the last episode, and only described a little bit of the angel's world.

You did not just compare this show to FLCL and say that it was better than FLCL... *insert scream of undying fury here*

Okay, the story line in FLCL that you're talking about is the wacky, sci-fi hi-jinks one. The one that you should be concentrating on, and what actually makes it a fucking classic, is the coming of age story that lies beneath its insane surface. It's not so much about Naota falling in love with Haruko as it is about how his experiences with her help him to mature.

Now, I too loved Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-Chan; However, there is no deeper meaning to it. It is basically a depraved high school comedy with some cheesy romance and horrible violence thrown into it for good measure.

I never want to see these two shows ever compared again. EVER.

JESUS CHRIST HOW HORRIFYING
Mykalwane

Samurai (侍)

Samurai (侍)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 2:52 am    Post subject: Re: bokusatsu tenshi dokuro-chan Reply with quote

Afro D. Luffy wrote:
denka senchi wrote:

***SPOILER***

You did not just compare this show to FLCL and say that it was better than FLCL... *insert scream of undying fury here*

Okay, the story line in FLCL that you're talking about is the wacky, sci-fi hi-jinks one. The one that you should be concentrating on, and what actually makes it a fucking classic, is the coming of age story that lies beneath its insane surface. It's not so much about Naota falling in love with Haruko as it is about how his experiences with her help him to mature.

Now, I too loved Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-Chan; However, there is no deeper meaning to it. It is basically a depraved high school comedy with some cheesy romance and horrible violence thrown into it for good measure.

Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-Chan I do agree is good, not as good as FLCL. It's more like, if you combined Chobits and FLCL together is how Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-Chan is. When you combine things, you do lose things in the process. I do agree that it is a high school comedy, but I'll have to say that it is a mild version of the wackiness found in other animes that are much more insane then this, as well as funnier. Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-Chan is a n00b anime that does prepare them for the crazier and better stuff. Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-Chan is something I would show my sister to get her into anime, then I would show her the greatness that is FLCL that will hook her into anime till she dies an old lady. Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-Chan is a good bait so you can hook them onto something like FLCL. Luffy, as much as you may hate the comparison when it comes to anime start people off with what they can handle before they get a taste of the good stuff.

<blarg> "anime is like sex. it's intended to achieve something, but you just do it to enjoy it anyway"
Reach out and support the boobies
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
denka senchi

I watch Dragonball-Z

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 1:22 pm    Post subject: Re: bokusatsu tenshi dokuro-chan Reply with quote

Mykalwane wrote:
Afro D. Luffy wrote:
denka senchi wrote:

***SPOILER***

Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-Chan I do agree is good, not as good as FLCL. It's more like, if you combined Chobits and FLCL together is how Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-Chan is. When you combine things, you do lose things in the process. I do agree that it is a high school comedy, but I'll have to say that it is a mild version of the wackiness found in other animes that are much more insane then this, as well as funnier. Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-Chan is a n00b anime that does prepare them for the crazier and better stuff. Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-Chan is something I would show my sister to get her into anime, then I would show her the greatness that is FLCL that will hook her into anime till she dies an old lady. Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-Chan is a good bait so you can hook them onto something like FLCL. Luffy, as much as you may hate the comparison when it comes to anime start people off with what they can handle before they get a taste of the good stuff.

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to come off in that manner. I meant to say for newer anime fans or those that don't understand subtle adult humor of FLCL.
I personally do love FLCL more than bokusatsu tenshi dokuro-chan, but I was trying to compare the underlying plots of both series.
It's just that since FLCL is set in a more realistic setting, I am a little more harsh on how realistic the show is, whereas dokuro-chan directly tells the viewer that the show is supposed to be unrealistic.
If given the choice between the 2 shows, I would watch FLCL (heck, I have the entire FLCL series on my iPod).
But I guess that I was just subconsciously playing devils advocate.
But please note that just because a show is a classic, it does not mean that it is better than any other show that comes after it.
And that people are entitled to their own opinions, and if I had said that I preferred dokuro-chan over FLCL, my opinion would not have been wrong, just different from yours and the majority of other otaku.
Also, some people cannot understand the adult humor that is presented by FLCL for whatever reasons (I didn't understand it myself until earlier this year).
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Afro D. Luffy

Sensei (先生)

Sensei (先生)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:25 pm    Post subject: Re: bokusatsu tenshi dokuro-chan Reply with quote

denka senchi wrote:
I'm sorry, I didn't mean to come off in that manner. I meant to say for newer anime fans or those that don't understand subtle adult humor of FLCL.
I personally do love FLCL more than bokusatsu tenshi dokuro-chan, but I was trying to compare the underlying plots of both series.
It's just that since FLCL is set in a more realistic setting, I am a little more harsh on how realistic the show is, whereas dokuro-chan directly tells the viewer that the show is supposed to be unrealistic.
If given the choice between the 2 shows, I would watch FLCL (heck, I have the entire FLCL series on my iPod).
But please note that just because a show is a classic, it does not mean that it is better than any other show that comes after it.
And that people are entitled to their own opinions, and if I had said that I preferred dokuro-chan over FLCL, my opinion would not have been wrong, just different from yours and the majority of other otaku.
Also, some people cannot understand the adult humor that is presented by FLCL for whatever reasons (I didn't understand it myself until earlier this year).

Okay, first off, I wasn't talking about any "subtle adult humor". I was talking about the coming of age story. All of the humor in the show basically comes from the wackiness and occassionally sexual innuendos (For example, the horns coming out of Naota's head). I guess the latter can count as "subtle", but I think that young people nowadays can understand a phallic reference when they see it. So, really, any newcomer into anime can watch FLCL and still enjoy it for its insane comedy and sci-fi elements. Hell, that's what happened to me. I didn't actually notice the coming of age story until I watched the series again last year.

Also, if you're going to pick away at anything in FLCL for not being "realistic", then go after the fact that the kid has friggin' robots coming out of his head. Or that within the first few minutes of the show, he's sustained an injury (Taking a bass guitar to the skull) that would probably kill a person in real life. I think that's a good enough warning to the audience that this isn't going to be a slice-of-life show. A young kid feeling affection towards an older woman isn't extremely uncommon.

I know that just because FLCL is a classic doesn't mean that anything that comes after fails in comparison to it. I don't remember ever saying anything that would indicate that I did think that.

I'm sorry for jumping on you and trying to put my opinion up as being right, but I just don't feel like FLCL should be compared to a show that in all honesty has no real depth to it. I'd feel just as bad if you had compared something like Cowboy Bebop to FLCL. They're both great shows, but they're so different that you can't really put them on the same plain.

P.S. If any mods feel like this is getting too far off topic from the origin of the thread, feel free to move this discussion where it would be appropriate.

JESUS CHRIST HOW HORRIFYING
Brizzle

Evangelion is cool

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this show is sometimes what's needed. It's a nice departure from any pathos whatsoever. It's like eating something that you know is bad for you, but just tastes to good. Sometimes you just want to laugh and nothing says funny like crude humor and mindless violence.
denka senchi

I watch Dragonball-Z

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 1:00 pm    Post subject: Re: bokusatsu tenshi dokuro-chan Reply with quote

Afro D. Luffy wrote:
denka senchi wrote:

Okay, first off, I wasn't talking about any "subtle adult humor". I was talking about the coming of age story. All of the humor in the show basically comes from the wackiness and occassionally sexual innuendos (For example, the horns coming out of Naota's head). I guess the latter can count as "subtle", but I think that young people nowadays can understand a phallic reference when they see it. So, really, any newcomer into anime can watch FLCL and still enjoy it for its insane comedy and sci-fi elements. Hell, that's what happened to me. I didn't actually notice the coming of age story until I watched the series again last year.

Also, if you're going to pick away at anything in FLCL for not being "realistic", then go after the fact that the kid has friggin' robots coming out of his head. Or that within the first few minutes of the show, he's sustained an injury (Taking a bass guitar to the skull) that would probably kill a person in real life. I think that's a good enough warning to the audience that this isn't going to be a slice-of-life show. A young kid feeling affection towards an older woman isn't extremely uncommon.

I know that just because FLCL is a classic doesn't mean that anything that comes after fails in comparison to it. I don't remember ever saying anything that would indicate that I did think that.

I'm sorry for jumping on you and trying to put my opinion up as being right, but I just don't feel like FLCL should be compared to a show that in all honesty has no real depth to it. I'd feel just as bad if you had compared something like Cowboy Bebop to FLCL. They're both great shows, but they're so different that you can't really put them on the same plain.

P.S. If any mods feel like this is getting too far off topic from the origin of the thread, feel free to move this discussion where it would be appropriate.

Okay, I just wanted to clear up any misunderstandings.
I kind of was referring to the jokes that take a good understanding of the Japanese culture to get.
I agree that most anime is unrealistic, but I was referring to the parts that the characters were cast. I know that most anime stories are unrealistic, as do most people who are old enough to understand anime.
No hard feelings, right?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Anime Pulse Forums Forum Index -> Other Anime All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: