Anime Pulse Forums Forum Index Anime Pulse Forums
Anime Pulse Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
The Anime Pulse Scholarship
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime Pulse Forums Forum Index -> Announcements/Rules
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gingerkitty

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well - if you couldn't tell by Leviathan's posting - she is the recipient of February's Scholarship. Congratulations Lev!

For everyone who submitted you will be automatically entered into next month's pool of applicants for consideration.

Thanks to everyone who submitted and stay tuned for next month's winner. Applications will be accepted until Friday, February 23rd. Good Luck and Keep the Anime Love Strong!

Sensei (先生)

Sensei (先生)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol it was either me or levi......I WAS SO CLOSE! XD

anyway congratz levi!! YAY FOR LEVI!! ^-^

and also....I WILL WIN NEXT MONTH! ;o; I HOPE SOOOO T_T YAY!! ^-^
Anime no kyouran

I watch Dragonball-Z

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will actually right a real scholarship essay now. XD...

I do not have the money to send $5 USD a month - and I don't really know the exchange rates... (I live in Australia)

I am only 13 so I am not old enough to apply for a credit card and I cannot use my savings card on PayPal. I don't even think I can apply for PayPal membership, but I might be wrong.

I cannot mail the $5 a month because of my mother (that should be enough information XD).
I really mean that I don't believe Mum would let me mail it. I don't think she would even let me listen to AP if she knew some of the words used in it... e.g. f***.
Also, living in Australia, I don't think my mum would let me mail something valueable like MONEY overseas. I also don't know where I could change the $7.50 AUD (or however much it is) to $USD.

Therefore, I believe I also deserve a scholarship - but this is up to gingerkitty and NF.
Sakura Jurai

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A scholarship you say? Well...I'm horrible with essays so I'll just write

Jurai Sakura
02/21/07
NFGK Scholarship
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Anime-Pulse Essay~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

----I am a freshman in college studying to become a lawyer. I made the dean's list last semester with a surprising 4.0. I have a twin sister who some of you may know, she is already a subscriber.

----Between tuition and food, I really don't want to make my mom pay $120 a year for the both of us, not that it wouldnt be worth it mind you, it's just not fair for her, she sacrfices enough. I know what your thinking "it's $5 a month you lazy bum, go and get a job!" Well I'm actaully a full time student and I dont really have time for a job that wouldnt allow me to get the best grades i can.

----Enough with that boring stuff, I am an avid listener to the anime pulse podcast. I listen to every episode when i get the chance. Ive been watching anime for roughly around 3 years, my first anime of course being Sailor Moon. It would be really nice doing something to help the ap community, especially since they are so kind to help raise the funds for theOtaku.com. Another reason I want to subscribe is for the fun chats. I see my sister always having fun when she's chatting with everyone, but alas I can't join in the fun. Ayame could give me the passwords and all that jazz but we both knows it wrong and we wouldnt want to take advantage of anyone's kindness. All I ask if for 4 weeks of a little anime-pulse time for me. I want to join in the fun too.

I watch Dragonball-Z

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG!! SAKURA IS GOING TO GET THE SCHOLARSHIP!!!

*cries*

I tried so hard...

*sniff*

Anyways great essay *huffle*

And you said you werent good at essays *sly look*

*runs away crying*

SCHOLARSIP-STEALER-ER-ER-ER...
ER...
etc.

LOL!! j/k I STILL LOVE YOU!!!
d1cey1

I watch Dragonball-Z

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey NF and GK,

I know I won't get the scholarship after ^ good job sakura. Anyway I would like the scholarship because I enjoy the show, listening since 23, and have slowly returned to the IRC channel after a 3 month hiatus. Anyway I don't need this in any way shape or form, just would be a fun thing to check out and be part of. Anyway thanks for reading this short...i mean short blurb.

D1cey1
Digon25

Evangelion is cool

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello all who are reading this,
--I want to get the scholership because I have truly always wanted to win this its a dream of I life time *cough*(ok... maybe not a lift time but it sounds cool)...
--I want to get this because my parents srnt the kind of people that would just go out and let me spend money of theirs or send money in the mail to some random people who I say have a asome podcast and they still wont let me... =( its sad.
--And also like sakura I want to go in the chat rooms and have fun ^.^
--So thank you for letting me waits time and I hope I win

This messege was aproved by,
Digon25
gingerkitty

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK - well after much deliberation we have decided upon a winner who will receive a subscription to the exclusive Anime Pulse Subscriber Circle for March 2007.

This month's winner is Melathemagiccookie!!!! Enjoy your subscription and be on the lookout for an email from Ichigo with the procedures for calling in for the tapings on Thursdays.

We would like to thank Stewie who has graciously sponsored this month's winner. Yay Stewie - thanks for footing the bill!

As always those of you still eligible, who have not yet won, will be placed back into the pile for consideration next month.

Thanks to everyone who applied. You have until March 30th to apply for the next scholarship.

Congratulations Mela - enjoy!!!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yayers! congrats mela :D!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yipee another person to talk to during the show :D

Otaku (お宅)

Otaku (お宅)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to post an essay for a April subscription.

To be frank, I was born with a genetic disorder called occular albinism that affects hair, skin, and most improtantly, eyes; the doctors could see straight through them when I had my first checkup. Yet, somehow, I was drawn to art, and without realizing it, drew in a very Anime-esque style.

Fash forward a decade or so. I started watching Anime in 1997 with Cardcaptor Sakura, and forgot about it for a while until Fullmetal Alchemist began to air in America. Since I have a very hard time recognizing faces, I watched very little TV. But voices and sounds were easy for me, which is why I had an incredible obseesion to music and radio talk shows. I quickly realized that anime was perfect for me. I taped the audio from Fullmetal and listened to it on my MP3 player, and watched the tastefully garish colors.

I was hooked, plain and simple.

Anime has given me the opportunity to do things I otherwise would never have tried or been able to. I started to sew (for cosplay) and still do it today by feeling the stitches. I studied Japanese by reading Weekly Shonen Jump, where the words were big enough for me to see. I learned to roll sushi. I ran an anime club for two years in high school and, for the first time, given permission to travel New York City (at the time, I lived two train stops away from Penn Station) for a convention without adult assitance. I was in charge of a group of twenty. I even traveled to Japan without my family my senior year of high school.

Yes, occular albinism is regretory (eyesight improves through puberty), and now I am classified as visually impaired. Yet, I still can't drive or recognize faces, and anime has been a serious factor in keeping me interested in the world, getting into college (I wrote a sixty-page thesis on Japanese literature senior year instead of taking classes), and expanding my horizons.

Being able to sit and write with others who have the same interest as me on a board like this is an amazing feeling, especially considering that nobody can see me and judge me for what they do not understand.

-SSBW
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Sakura Jurai

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

o.o you're so winning next month

Super Moderator

Super Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

totally in agreement with sakura. If this does not happen fire will rain down from the sky and cats and dogs will dance. It will be total anarchy.

ho na na

Sensei (先生)

Sensei (先生)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SO WHEN AM I GOING TO WIN!!! *SPARKLES IN FRONT OF GINGERRR* CUPCAKES!!! :>!!
Anime no kyouran

I watch Dragonball-Z

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OtakuTNT wrote:

XD TNT cross those fingers and pray!!!!!

W00T!!!!!

All N00bs ph3ar my l33t random-posting skills!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Sakura Jurai

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OtakuTNT wrote:
TNT, XD you're at school while they are recording and dont get home until about an hour after they are finished. You're such a cutie

I watch Dragonball-Z

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll throw my hat into this ring of fire (though how can I follow that essay?). I have been an avid fan of Anime Pulse since Episode 16, and still have every episode on my itunes. My current job forces me to use every dime I have for non-luxury uses. Car, Insurance, Food, and Cell Phone are just a few examples. I am saving my pennies in hope of being able to get at least 1 month of benifits. However, that takes a long time (who knew pennies were worth so little). This would be a great way for me to experience the joys of being a subscriber, while I gather my funds to become a full-fledged subcriber.
So I'll ask you for just 1 chance to let me experience the joys of Live Recordings, an exclusive forum just for subcribers, Tim The Enchanter content, and just showing my AP Pride! Even if I dont win, I will continue, each month to return and fight for the honor of beingan AP subscriber, if at least for only 1 month! Thank You, and Good Night!
OtakuTNT

Sensei (先生)

Sensei (先生)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sakura Jurai wrote:
OtakuTNT wrote:
TNT, XD you're at school while they are recording and dont get home until about an hour after they are finished. You're such a cutie

............*starts crying*

my poor little eye

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO THATS NOT FAIR THIS IS RACISTTTT I LIKE BEING AT SKOOOLL AND I WANT TO LISTEN TO AP

ICHIGO ICHIGO ICHIGO recordddd LATER SO I CAN HEAR IT
division-ten

Otaku (お宅)

Otaku (お宅)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately, you live in the Eastern Hemisphere and he lives in Western, if I'm not mistaken. He'd have to record at a very odd hour for you to hear it. Smilie_PDT

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK so the powers that be have deemed Sakura the winner for this month. So Sakura, you will have access to AP subscriber benefits for the month of April. Be on the lookout for an email from Ichigo about the weekly taping.

As always those of you who did not win, or have not already won, will be entered into next month's consideration. Thanks to everyone who applied.

Keep the anime love strong!
Warnings : 1

I've seen Akira

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Entry for April:

I've been listening to the podcast for a while now and have always wondered what being a subscriber would be like.

I'm too young to use the paypal service and spend money on a subscription. My parents would think I was crazy if I tried asking them to send the AP guys cash.

On the topic of my parents, they hate anime. Ever since I first watched Dragon Ball on Cartoon Network, they have called it useless cartoons. Or overly violent crap.

My parents once found a key chain that I had bought from a friend of the FMA cross with the snake on it in my room. They thought it was satanic and had a long discussion with me about loving god and believing in him. I couldn't just tell them it was from an anime. They'd just get more mad.

I'm forced to download anime or have friends buy DVDs for me and watch it on my computer at some obscene hour of the night.

If my parents had their way, I'd never get any manga or anime ever. The only way that I can stay updated on anime is through the AP guys and other similar podcasts. If I had one month to get all the latest info (more than I get from the weekly podcasts), I'd be able to know what's going on with anime even with the iron-fisted rule of my parents.

Also, I am able to attend very few cons, so I never know what is going on in the anime industry. My parents refuse to drive me anywhere anime or manga related (including Tate's and Suncoast, so I'm forced to get stuff from Barnes and Noble). I am only able to attend a con by making up a story for my parents and getting a friends parents to drive me. The last con I went to had less people in it than half of the people at my school. And it took place in a local library. And it only lasted one day.

I also run the anime club at my school. I tell my parents that it's chess club. I enlist my anime loving friends to bring DVDs and we view them. This benefits me, but only slightely. Very few people come to the club. I can watch very little anime.

Anime on television is pretty much out of the question, unless my parents are out.

Podcast such as this one are one of the few ways that I can stay up to date on the anime and manga world even with strict parents and a small anime collection. I hope that you can please consider choosing me to become a subscriber for one month, just so that I can have full anime information, even though I am deprived this need by my parents.

Last edited by Lowlight on Sat Apr 14, 2007 3:44 am; edited 1 time in total
division-ten

Otaku (お宅)

Otaku (お宅)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sakura Jurai wrote:
o.o you're so winning next month

I don't think so. Congrats, Sakura! You totally deserve it! Lots of hugs!

Shogun (将軍)

Shogun (将軍)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OtakuTNT wrote:
lol ......I WAS SO CLOSE! XD
....I WILL WIN NEXT MONTH! ;o; I HOPE SOOOO T_T YAY!! ^-^
ha ha TNT
*spins around as to not get nose broken again by pink panties sparkly boy*
A mile away is not close enough!!!! Define how close?!!!!
Congrats Sakura!! Woot!! Woot!! Woot!! ;> Kiss of love PDT_Aliboronz_09

Episode 8 (Season 4) 2:31-2:47(for the entire rant)
Batou: But if you’re posting,
Ichigo: and you have a full keyboard and plenty of room to type,
Batou: there is NO EXCUSE not to write something out!!!
------------------
Episode 158 ....3:42 -3:47
Tim:Angry, assertive British Ladies and whips go together like Pumpkin Pie.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

:0
SAKURA!!
YAY!
congratz!!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

T___T I'M SO HONORED!! ^-^ THANKIES FOR ALL THE CONGRATS!!!

*huggles Division-Ten, Tweeds, and Faith*

Thankies nf and gk ^_____^

*huggles and kisses nf and gk lots*

I watch Dragonball-Z

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xongrats are in order sakura. I hope to win next month. *does Might guy Thumbs up and shiny teeth smile*
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime Pulse Forums Forum Index -> Announcements/Rules All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: