Anime Pulse Forums Forum Index Anime Pulse Forums
Anime Pulse Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Chatbox in the forum?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime Pulse Forums Forum Index -> Improvement Advice/Error Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Saintevil

Otaku (お宅)

Otaku (お宅)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 4:42 pm    Post subject: Chatbox in the forum? Reply with quote

I was wondering if guys might add a chatbox to the forum. I've noticed them on a few other site recently and thought that getting one on the AP site might help add to the community and maybe pickup action on the forums.

Otaku (お宅)

Otaku (お宅)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the IRC channel is where chat was supposed to happen... but no one is on anymore. you know who you are.
Saintevil

Otaku (お宅)

Otaku (お宅)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doug wrote:
the IRC channel is where chat was supposed to happen... but no one is on anymore. you know who you are.

I agree but with a chatbox here maybe it would be like one stop shopping and help boost the community.

I watch Dragonball-Z

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I'm guessing creating a chat box in the forums would require a change in the actual forum? Or is it just not possible? Lol it's sort of been 2yrs since this was posted, I don't mean to necro I just dint want to ask the same question twice.

Really though interacting with other people is kina hard in the forums since it's going to be limited what we can or can't say. I mean I can only see the community get stronger if we did.

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It increases bandwidth costs and slows down the site depending on a few situations. It wouldn't be too hard to add coding wise.

I watch Dragonball-Z

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chatboxes are very hard to control and track as well, they're an annoyance of the past most site admins won't touch with a 10 foot pole.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime Pulse Forums Forum Index -> Improvement Advice/Error Reports All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: