Anime Pulse Forums Forum Index Anime Pulse Forums
Anime Pulse Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
High School of the Dead

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Anime Pulse Forums Forum Index -> Other Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheBaron

I watch Dragonball-Z

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:05 am    Post subject: High School of the Dead Reply with quote

It's not really that bad of a show if you can survive the gratuitous amount of fan service. The fan service is so over the top, in my opinion it becomes funny. It also serves as a interesting counterbalance to all the violence the permeates this type show. I give it an a-ok by me. My opinion might be biased though, seeing as I love zombies. What are your guy's thoughts.
MillenniumX17

Evangelion is cool

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I loved this show. I bought the dvd set after watching only 5 episodes.

blackluster2008

Evangelion is cool

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The english dub isn't all that great unfortunately. They add in so many cursee words that it seems to degrade the quality as well as having an occasional lip flap mishap. The dub was done by Sentai Filmworks and the cast seems to be mostly new voice actors (as far as I know anyway). While the voices are great (I could have sworn Vic Mignogna was playing Hirano until I looked at the credits in the first episode) quality they just seem to be mismatched along with a rather annoying english script.

"You think you die and everything's sugar and rainbows?"
-Sazh (FFXIII)
txMaddog

I watch Dragonball-Z

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Couldn't make it past Episode 2. I don't mind fan service but when the ladies have HUGE...tracts of land... that move on their own with sound effects I have trouble taking the show seriously. Not sure how anyone finds that sexy, but maybe that's just me.

I did think the Zombies were well done and the 'Everything's gone to heck! Every man/women for themselves!' feel was very well done. The fight scenes were well done too, nice and gory!!
maxx627

I've seen Akira

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This shows great the zombies are awesome and have real traits not just boom zombies. I hope they come out nwith a second season.

Evangelion is cool

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blackluster2008 wrote:
The english dub isn't all that great unfortunately. They add in so many cursee words that it seems to degrade the quality as well as having an occasional lip flap mishap. The dub was done by Sentai Filmworks and the cast seems to be mostly new voice actors (as far as I know anyway). While the voices are great (I could have sworn Vic Mignogna was playing Hirano until I looked at the credits in the first episode) quality they just seem to be mismatched along with a rather annoying english script.

I think the english dub is one of the best dubs to date. Also, the fact that they went with mostly unknown voice actors is a refreshing change. It seems that most dubs use the same 10 voice actors/actresses.

phelan

I've seen Akira

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

txMaddog wrote:
Couldn't make it past Episode 2. I don't mind fan service but when the ladies have HUGE...tracts of land... that move on their own with sound effects I have trouble taking the show seriously. Not sure how anyone finds that sexy, but maybe that's just me.

I did think the Zombies were well done and the 'Everything's gone to heck! Every man/women for themselves!' feel was very well done. The fight scenes were well done too, nice and gory!!

Well there's your problem, why are you trying to take this show seriously? Watch it and laugh. Especially the boob recoil suppressor. I laughed pretty hard when I read the manga, and even harder when the anime came out.
CleverUsername

Otaku (お宅)

Otaku (お宅)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

phelan wrote:
txMaddog wrote:

Well there's your problem, why are you trying to take this show seriously? Watch it and laugh. Especially the boob recoil suppressor. I laughed pretty hard when I read the manga, and even harder when the anime came out.

The boob recoil thing was fudging hilarious. The only thing i didn't like was the episode that was nothing but fanservice (6?).

MillenniumX17

Evangelion is cool

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CleverUsername wrote:
phelan wrote:
txMaddog wrote:

The boob recoil thing was fudging hilarious. The only thing i didn't like was the episode that was nothing but fanservice (6?).

Yeah, it was episode 6 that they were all taking a bath together. As for the boob recoil scene, that was funny but also annoying that Takashi didn't hit anything.

emibennett

Total N00B

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it. But it left me hanging.
Gethsemane

Sempai (先輩)

Sempai (先輩)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ It did. Wouldn't mind having more
kmanic

I watch Dragonball-Z

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just finished the show and the ova, and I must say that I am very impressed. While there is a lot of fan service, I believe in this case it helps the anime especially for people like me who hate the typical horror and zombie genre. I can't say anything about the dub because I hate dubs, but I found everything else to be fantastic.

Additionally, does anyone know if and when there will be a season 2. The ova was a big waste of time in my opinion, I would have preferred a 16 minute rushed ending to the series rather than a generic anime beach episode (which was very funny however Very Happy )

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Otaku22

Evangelion is cool

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yeah i forgot there was an OVA :O I'm gonna check that out now. But yeah, love the show just wish there was less fan service- the story really does make you forget about it though. Too good not to watch.

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/otaku22

http://myanimelist.net/mangalist/otaku22

CleverUsername

Otaku (お宅)

Otaku (お宅)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kmanic wrote:
Just finished the show and the ova, and I must say that I am very impressed. While there is a lot of fan service, I believe in this case it helps the anime especially for people like me who hate the typical horror and zombie genre. I can't say anything about the dub because I hate dubs, but I found everything else to be fantastic.

Additionally, does anyone know if and when there will be a season 2. The ova was a big waste of time in my opinion, I would have preferred a 16 minute rushed ending to the series rather than a generic anime beach episode (which was very funny however Very Happy )

I'm thinking the justification behind the fanservice was because they were probably trying to draw in the audience that plays Nazi Zombies and Left 4 Dead on their xbox all day, and that nature of people (especially young guys) tend to enjoy fanservice. Also, it was a nice comedic relief from UGLYZOMBIESUGLYZONBIESBLOODUGLYZOMBIES

DarkLegato

I've seen Akira

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:53 pm    Post subject: love it Reply with quote

I loved it and had it preordered on bluray.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Anime Pulse Forums Forum Index -> Other Anime All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: