Anime Pulse Forums Forum Index Anime Pulse Forums
Anime Pulse Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
VG Pulse Thread of the "Welcome Back" Program

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime Pulse Forums Forum Index -> Pulse Shows
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MillenniumX17

Evangelion is cool

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 9:23 am    Post subject: VG Pulse Thread of the "Welcome Back" Program Reply with quote

With Sony's online networks ongoing debacle, people are asking how they will make good to all their customers. So far Sony has announced the "Welcome Back" program, which as it currently stands, gives everyone a free month of PlayStation Plus service. Is this enough to gain back consumer confidence or should Sony be doing something else? Or something More?

Phanto5692

I've seen Akira

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A month of PS+ is a nice start but unless they show that their system has improved to the point where it would be really hard to steal data again, then even a year of PS+ would not be enough.
Gethsemane

Sempai (先輩)

Sempai (先輩)

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how about a lifetime supply of banana bread!
Mao Tenshi

Daimyo (大名)

Daimyo (大名)

Location: Shibuya Terminal, Tokyo-To, on the planet you people call Jupiter (It's actually called Azmalrish).

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I say they throw on $20 of cash to use with PS+. then I'll give a damn.

Whoever said you can't have too many weapons is a genius! Oh wait...that was me.

You know, I've seen a lot of things. But a 10 ton behemoth of metal, powered by a race of beings made of pure energy that are completely genocidal to all other things in the universe was never one of them. Now I can say that, I have in fact, seen it all.
BrotherHumble

I've seen Akira

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm thinking that since in previous instances some stuff has been free for PS+ users that they are going to take the oportunity of giving some free games during that month, that being said I agree with Mao Tenshin that some $20 would be a fair amount for us to spend on things of our choosing.
xboxAlex

Otaku (お宅)

Otaku (お宅)

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing should come to them... Ok hear me out if they are psn plus members then yes they should get something but free members Nothing. Why YOUR NOT PAYING FOR shiggity. Remember the ps2 with little to no online. Big deal so you can't play you ps3 online you can still play it. When it reaches 3 months of no online come and talk to me and i will edit this post but until then Go buy a xbox or play you pc or wii. Why the fudge arnt you outside

Sensei (先生)

Sensei (先生)

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about you add the ability to download ps2 tittles? Actually why haven't they done this already? fudging Microsoft lets you do it!

>.>
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Mao Tenshi

Daimyo (大名)

Daimyo (大名)

Location: Shibuya Terminal, Tokyo-To, on the planet you people call Jupiter (It's actually called Azmalrish).

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Better yet: send an update that allows us to have reverse comparability! I want to play Veiwtiful Joe again...

Whoever said you can't have too many weapons is a genius! Oh wait...that was me.

You know, I've seen a lot of things. But a 10 ton behemoth of metal, powered by a race of beings made of pure energy that are completely genocidal to all other things in the universe was never one of them. Now I can say that, I have in fact, seen it all.
Noir

Sensei (先生)

Sensei (先生)

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mao Tenshi wrote:
Better yet: send an update that allows us to have reverse comparability! I want to play Veiwtiful Joe again...

I think they took out the hardware you need to do that in the new models to make them cheaper
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Syaoron

I've seen Akira

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have touched my psp in almost a month. I am not sure I really care that much.
Den

I've seen Akira

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What they're probably going to do, is give everyone PS+ and a bunch of free games that are associated with PS+ so that when PS+ runs out, you'll lose everything lol!

So ultimately they are using this debacle as a marketing opportunity. Doesn't that sound more like what a corporation would do?

"Video Game Musicast and Podcast"

RedUnit10

Inquisitor General

Inquisitor General

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Give them an account on Xbox live and see why its so much better, you already get a free month of Gold if you get an account.

I watch Dragonball-Z

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As an almost exlusive PS3 player, (I own a 360 but it's only on 3 times a year) and a PS+ subscriber, I think it's acceptable given the situation. We get a month of Plus in addition to the lost days, and a choice of 2 of 5 free PSN games. Maybe a $5 PSN credit would be cool, but think about it realistically. Look how much money Sony has lost already. Giving the 77,000,000 PSN accounts alone a $5 credit is $385,000,000. I'm satisfied with what they've announced.

And I agree with xboxAlex. It doesn't really matter about the free PSN members cause they aren't paying for anything.

Daimyo (大名)

Daimyo (大名)

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pokedude97 wrote:
And I agree with xboxAlex. It doesn't really matter about the free PSN members cause they aren't paying for anything.

I have one thing to say to that: I pay to get all the stuff I need for DLC and then some. If we think about it, Xbox live is cheaper than PSN for the fact that the PSN store is over priced for the SAME STUFF.

bezerk Hollow

I've seen Akira

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pokedude97 wrote:
As an almost exlusive PS3 player, (I own a 360 but it's only on 3 times a year) and a PS+ subscriber, I think it's acceptable given the situation. We get a month of Plus in addition to the lost days, and a choice of 2 of 5 free PSN games. Maybe a $5 PSN credit would be cool, but think about it realistically. Look how much money Sony has lost already. Giving the 77,000,000 PSN accounts alone a $5 credit is $385,000,000. I'm satisfied with what they've announced.

personally i agree with what's written above except for the "IT doesn't really matter about the free PSN members cuse they aren't paying for anything.

OK hear me out what is the real difference between the free members and the plus members when the plus members are still getting their plus days back when the situation is fixed NOTHING your still a plus member and you didn't lose anything just like a free member. NOW with that said everything else pokedude97 i found to be fair.

I also have a question what happen's to the people that were playing DC universe online and had to pay monthly. do they get a reimbursement for their days lost as well as the Plus members or do they get the short end of the stick.

And the last thing people the question was this "With Sony's online networks ongoing debacle, people are asking how they will make good to all their customers. So far Sony has announced the "Welcome Back" program, which as it currently stands, gives everyone a free month of PlayStation Plus service. Is this enough to gain back consumer confidence or should Sony be doing something else? Or something More? " let's not try to lose focus this is not the thread of what system you think is better.
thank you

Daimyo (大名)

Daimyo (大名)

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every customer should be given one loli per household. I'm sure that would be sufficient enough. Maybe a return policy on the loli just it case it breaks. I don't think Sony can do enough for their customers. Offering a free month when this could impact years of trouble to people, especially if their cards were leaked. Hopefully Sony comes back with full security this time and not rent-a-cops.

Sensei (先生)

Sensei (先生)

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord Canti wrote:
Every customer should be given one loli per household. I'm sure that would be sufficient enough. Maybe a return policy on the loli just it case it breaks. I don't think Sony can do enough for their customers. Offering a free month when this could impact years of trouble to people, especially if their cards were leaked. Hopefully Sony comes back with full security this time and not rent-a-cops.

What Flavor Lollies?
Syaoron

I've seen Akira

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Noir wrote:

What Flavor Lollies?

Good question Noir. It would have to be one that the person likes.
Noir

Sensei (先生)

Sensei (先生)

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Syaoron wrote:
Noir wrote:

What Flavor Lollies?

Good question Noir. It would have to be one that the person likes.

They might just give everyone the same type and have people pay for better tasting ones, those sneaky bastards
Lord Canti

Daimyo (大名)

Daimyo (大名)

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is but only one flavor of loli and it is delicious cake flavor. Either way back on topic.

Sensei (先生)

Sensei (先生)

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord Canti wrote:
There is but only one flavor of loli and it is delicious cake flavor. Either way back on topic.

Well we are on topic since are speaking of things they should give us....

Besides you two know you like it when people post a lot Razz
Mao Tenshi

Daimyo (大名)

Daimyo (大名)

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If that's how things are going then...

I say they should each give us a trans-dimensional portal to which ever dimension we choose, kind of like Tsubasa: Resovoir Chronicles, but with our choice of where we go instead of being random.

Noir

Sensei (先生)

Sensei (先生)

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mao Tenshi wrote:

I say they should each give us a trans-dimensional portal to which ever dimension we choose, kind of like Tsubasa: Resovoir Chronicles, but with our choice of where we go instead of being random.

So every one who bought Portal 2 gets a free portal gun?
Gethsemane

Sempai (先輩)

Sempai (先輩)

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mmmmmmmmmm..... Banana Bread. I stay by this.
Mao Tenshi

Daimyo (大名)

Daimyo (大名)

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Noir wrote:
Mao Tenshi wrote:

So every one who bought Portal 2 gets a free portal gun?

Hmmm...I like the way you think. Let's take it up a notch.

Twisted Metal is brought to reality. Come on SONY. It is the only game to be on all your consoles so far, and has remained pretty kickass even after all these years. I say that would be a fitting reward.

And respawn points. Need LOTS of those.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime Pulse Forums Forum Index -> Pulse Shows All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: