Anime Pulse Forums Forum Index Anime Pulse Forums
Anime Pulse Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
VG Pulse Thread of the Hard

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime Pulse Forums Forum Index -> Pulse Shows
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MillenniumX17

Evangelion is cool

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:07 am    Post subject: VG Pulse Thread of the Hard Reply with quote

What difficulty setting do you set games to when you play them? Do you go through on normal or do you set it right to hard?

xoMango

Kohai (後輩)

Kohai (後輩)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the game is some kind strategy or puzzle game, its definitely on easy for me. Most puzzle games are practically impossible to do on hard.

If its action genre, then normal. Hard is, well, hard.

Otaku (お宅)

Otaku (お宅)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depends on the game. In most cases though, on a first play through, I keep everything default. I play the game the way the game devs set it initially to be played. Thats my philosophy.

I watch Dragonball-Z

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only time I'll set a game to hard is if I really enjoyed it the first few times through and feel I want to play it through again as a slightly different experience [for example Half Life 2].
If I have to set a game to hard initially then the dev's have done something wrong.

Edit: After posting this I logged onto an mmo and immediatly started playing a dungeon on hard mode, though I feel this is a different matter entierly, as they often force you down this path in order to obtain the best rewards.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

Last edited by mazrim on Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:26 am; edited 1 time in total
BrotherHumble

I've seen Akira

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Medium/Normal on the first play through so I can see the sights and get through the game. Hard on the second playthrough to keep things interesting particularly if it is a game that is the same story regadless of the dificulty (for example the Prince of Persia or the Legend of Zelda). If the game is more like Fallout that playing it differently (say evil the first time nice the second time) affects the actual story events then I might keep it on normal. I rarely do hardcore mode or super hard or brutal or whatever the name of the masochist mode happens to be.
triforcewarriorcody

I've seen Akira

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

a game like Catherine or shin megami tensei devil survivor overclocked that's heavily story centered i start easy to see the story once i beat it i will then replay the game on hard to get through it. But if its a fighting game i set it right to the hardest difficulty setting which is usually very hard or in the case of the blazblue series HELL difficulty.
Mao Tenshi

Daimyo (大名)

Daimyo (大名)

Location: Shibuya Terminal, Tokyo-To, on the planet you people call Jupiter (It's actually called Azmalrish).

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy? Waaaay to easy.
Medium? Meh.
Hard? Really? That is the best that you can throw at me?
Very Hard? Getting there...
Impossible? Almost...
Legendary? Whoops, opposite direction...
Ninja Gaiden? Now THAT is difficulty.

Now, depending on the genre of game, i normally jump straight onto hard. In the case of FPS, I start out on medium normally. And if it is a bullet hell...simple: EASY MODE IS NEVER AS EASY AS THEY SAY IT IS. Normal/Medium mode tends to be more balanced.

Whoever said you can't have too many weapons is a genius! Oh wait...that was me.

You know, I've seen a lot of things. But a 10 ton behemoth of metal, powered by a race of beings made of pure energy that are completely genocidal to all other things in the universe was never one of them. Now I can say that, I have in fact, seen it all.
Xeorl

I've seen Akira

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it really depends on the game. I'm a RTS guy, so it depends on how balanced the developers were when they made the game. I'll normally play on normal or hard mode if given the chance, but then again, there are the games that I just want to experience the story so I might breeze through a campaign on easy to see how it all ends and play with the different options. Then again, back in my MMO day's I played a normally squishy mage that liked to solo, which could be seen as hard mode. The catch to this was by the time I quit the game, I'd min-maxed my characters that I'd breeze through half the encounters that were supposed to be damn near impossible. Granted, there were also the times I'd play in a style that they didn't expect- properly set up, I'd be tanking raids with that same squishy mage (just only for about 2-3 minutes at a time. The raids had special timers when I'd just get to go nuts and the name of the game changed to "keep him alive long enough to do his job").
YotaruVegeta

I've seen Akira

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I usually go for normal, or whatever default setting there is.

Usually games will reward you for going through the harder difficulties, so I do that after the first playthrough.

So we've had the hard thread and the long thread: what's next, the uncut thread? Wink Maybe it'll be the big thread.
Noir

Sensei (先生)

Sensei (先生)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Normal, unless the game gives you rewards for playing on hard. Or in the case of Mass Effect 2 is insanely fun on the hardest difficulty

I've seen Akira

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i just want to say i Start on normal and go from there Harder each consecutive play through
bezerk Hollow

I've seen Akira

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like playing games on normal if i'm playing a game with a new IP. If I'm playing a sequel (i.e Gears of war 3) I set the difficulty on insane and chainsaw the F**K out of anything in my way.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime Pulse Forums Forum Index -> Pulse Shows All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: