Anime Pulse Forums Forum Index Anime Pulse Forums
Anime Pulse Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
VG Pulse Thread of the Long

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime Pulse Forums Forum Index -> Pulse Shows
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MillenniumX17

Evangelion is cool

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:25 am    Post subject: VG Pulse Thread of the Long Reply with quote

What are your habits when playing a very long game?( Dead Island, Rage, Skyrim, ect.) Do you go everywhere and see everything? or do you focus only on main plot progress?

Mao Tenshi

Daimyo (大名)

Daimyo (大名)

Location: Shibuya Terminal, Tokyo-To, on the planet you people call Jupiter (It's actually called Azmalrish).

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, if a game is long and it takes hundreds of hours (and if you think Skyrim is long, try Disgaea), I do try to do EVERYTHING. I mean, I sink all my time into it, why the hell not? Kick ever stone, destroy every building, commit genocide on the populous, attain the insanely high level...and then do it again.

Whoever said you can't have too many weapons is a genius! Oh wait...that was me.

You know, I've seen a lot of things. But a 10 ton behemoth of metal, powered by a race of beings made of pure energy that are completely genocidal to all other things in the universe was never one of them. Now I can say that, I have in fact, seen it all.
triforcewarriorcody

I've seen Akira

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my habits are to beat the game first to get off my chest and then if i want to do the side quests i do i dont let it consume just because i cant i have a full time job and college so i dont have the time to sink though i will sink my time if its a good enough game examples ( legend of zelda, shin megami tensei devil survivor overclocked and the pokemon games).
phelan

I've seen Akira

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Long game? Set to hard and do everything. I'm never going back, so might as well do as much as I can in one shot.
Xeorl

I've seen Akira

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It really depends on the game. I'm OCD so when it comes to sandbox games, I have a tendency to try and get 100%. Like in Just Cause 2, I managed to hit 99.98% and realized that, damn it, I'm not going to find those last few pickups across the huge map. However, I am willing to just rush through things more if it's an adventure game. And heaven help me if it's an RPG. I've maxed counters on some games. I actually will grind for FUN. I managed to max my characters in the original Final Fantasy which took months of play time. And I've sworn off MMO's because I'd like to have something of a real life... /played was over a year on my main character before I quit EverQuest 2.
SaitoHajime101

Otaku (お宅)

Otaku (お宅)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I typically go through one quick run through of the game, then run a second time through it getting all the side quests and extra items.

For me, its hard to enjoy a story when I have to stop for hours at a time just to hunt some extra super item or side quest, that in most cases, have nothing to do with the main story. Now that also depends on how good the game was the first time around, if its worth running through a second time. A good example is Final Fantasy 13. I dislike that game, only played it once, didn't even bother playing more after I beat the final boss because its honestly not worth it. All parts of the game that matters to me (story and gameplay) lacked way too much for me to deem it worth running through again.

Evangelion is cool

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaitoHajime101 wrote:
I typically go through one quick run through of the game, then run a second time through it getting all the side quests and extra items.

I am similar although if its a tatical game like fire emblem, I'll go through faster since I've been through this stuff already.

I've seen Akira

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First play through usually do a long do everything play through, then a run through for acheivments, and then finally a long do everything play through on the hardest difficulty still working on that insanity acheivment for ME2

Sensei (先生)

Sensei (先生)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like wandering around aimlessly and sneaking into NPC houses so I can steal their things then spend the next 6 or so hours testing out my shiny weapons on enemies faces. Then I move to the main plot :3

Evangelion is cool

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tend to treasure hunt and look for things I can make into weapons or items, maybe hunt/capture monsters apart from leveling up my characters. Other then that, I tend to go along for the story

RedUnit10

Inquisitor General

Inquisitor General

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you say a long game, I instantly think of Record of Agarest Wars; a game that I rotate to when I beat a different game. I play it through a generation and then put it away till I beat a different game. (I'm on the third generation now)

But if by long you mean huge open world like your examples, I explore everything and usually use guides to obtain the really difficult stuff to find. (Example: In Fallout: New Vegas I obtained every unique weapon and experienced every Wild Waste Land encounter)
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime Pulse Forums Forum Index -> Pulse Shows All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: