Anime Pulse Forums Forum Index Anime Pulse Forums
Anime Pulse Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Thread of the Screwed

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime Pulse Forums Forum Index -> Pulse Shows
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MillenniumX17

Evangelion is cool

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:31 am    Post subject: Thread of the Screwed Reply with quote

What are your thoughts when retailers screw up orders and pre orders?

Mao Tenshi

Daimyo (大名)

Daimyo (大名)

Location: Shibuya Terminal, Tokyo-To, on the planet you people call Jupiter (It's actually called Azmalrish).

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I rarely pre order (in fact, my first pre order was Twisted Metal, which just keeps getting pushed back...*sigh*), but I can tell you my first thought: "Wow, what a waste of my time, money and hope."

Whoever said you can't have too many weapons is a genius! Oh wait...that was me.

You know, I've seen a lot of things. But a 10 ton behemoth of metal, powered by a race of beings made of pure energy that are completely genocidal to all other things in the universe was never one of them. Now I can say that, I have in fact, seen it all.
triforcewarriorcody

I've seen Akira

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it annoyes me quite a bit i have at least 3 games they have screwed up my preorders and it sucks.
Mattrap

I watch Dragonball-Z

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:31 pm    Post subject: not sure Reply with quote

It's never been a problem for me. I always hit up my local Gamestop and bing bang boom. Games.
The only thing I can compare it to is buying a plane ticket and then the airplane never shows up.
I would rage worse than charlie sheen in rehab. (lol charlie sheen doesn't go to rehab!) *ehm
Mattrap
acidredowl

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, everyone! I just joined the forums and this is my first post.

For the most part I have been satisfied with all my preorders with my local Gamestop. I don't pre-order games very often because I tend to spend a long time playing one game over and over again. That being said when an order does get screwed up it's extremely annoying. I remember a few years ago I pre-ordered nintendogs for the DS. When I went to pick it up they said it had been delayed and they would call me when it came in a week or so. I got no phone call, so I called them, they said they didn't have it. I called them again about a month later and they still said they didn't have it. Finally I purchased the game from BestBuy. A few days later I went to gamestop and I mentioned my pre-order, they told me that the game had been in stock for months, and they could give me a copy. I told them about the whole pre-order failed phone calls thing and all they did was give me my 5 dollar deposit back.

Evangelion is cool

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am usually get frustrated but calm down quickly.
Jackjone

I watch Dragonball-Z

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never pre ordered but i have seen the pre order mix up kinda happen. I work at a target and i'm sure many of you know about the pre order cards thingy. Well Skyrim came out this week (get it!!!!) and what we do is put the game out but keep a separate pile aside for those who pre ordered based on how many cards were purchased. bad thing is you can take the card to any target, no rule saying it HAS to be the target you got the card at. Surprisingly we sold completly out of PS3, Xbox EVEN THE PC EDITION which is rare at target to sell ANY pc games!!!!! btw MW3 didn't get tht still had PLENTY in stock Razz anyways we still had plenty of people come in with preorder cards and had to tell em it was sold out. Called other stores and a couple were sold out too.... I got called nasty things and saw many pissed off people... not a good day.... luckily i hid a PC copy aside for myself ;P shhh don't tell my supervisors XD

My Anime List
stllink0509

I watch Dragonball-Z

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate it when that happens but, at least it doesn't happen often. ( and to the gay stalker: Awesome signature)
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Xeorl

I've seen Akira

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never had an issue with any pre-orders. Granted, for the longest time, I actually worked at a big-box retailer so more often than not I was able to hide away whatever version of whatever game I wanted. Not to mention there weren't that many games I just had to have right when they came out. Although, I have seen issues where stock pre-ordered didn't match what was presold. Those times were pretty rare however.
Mr. Soul Evans

I watch Dragonball-Z

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its only happened once to me (when I pre-ordered Skyrim.) The store thought i pre-ordered it for PS3. All i had to do was tell them that i pre-Ordered it for xbox and they fixed it
infinity_57401

Kohai (後輩)

Kohai (後輩)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly hasn't happened to me...yet. We just got a GameStop here in town, and thus far my pre-orders have come in. There might've been one time that Amazon sent it to me a day late but otherwise I just try to buy it right away.

Inquisitor General

Inquisitor General

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Thread of the Screwed Reply with quote

MillenniumX17 wrote:
What are your thoughts when retailers screw up orders and pre orders?

Not sure. Its never happened to me, but I do know of people who had their per-order messed up and GameStop threw in a free code for some DLC and a poster for the game.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime Pulse Forums Forum Index -> Pulse Shows All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: