Anime Pulse Forums Forum Index Anime Pulse Forums
Anime Pulse Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
VG Pulse Game of the Year 2011

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime Pulse Forums Forum Index -> Pulse Shows
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What do you feel is the best game of the 2011 year?
Portal 2
20%
 20%  [ 5 ]
Batman Arkham City
12%
 12%  [ 3 ]
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
52%
 52%  [ 13 ]
The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
8%
 8%  [ 2 ]
Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception
8%
 8%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 25

MillenniumX17

Evangelion is cool

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:04 pm    Post subject: VG Pulse Game of the Year 2011 Reply with quote

What do you feel is the best game of the 2011 year? Post down below on what you choose and why?

infinity_57401

Kohai (後輩)

Kohai (後輩)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My vote goes to Batman: Arkham City, mostly because it was the only game on this list that I played. But this game brought everything with it that made Arkham Asylum amazing and fun. With the sandbox gameplay I wasn't sure how to feel for the first hour or two but once I got used to the flying mechanics and combos once this felt like the perfect game. And we can't forget about the amazing story going on here.

I've seen Akira

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

come on its obvious what my vote is i mean its main symbol is in my name if its not skyward sword
Mao Tenshi

Daimyo (大名)

Daimyo (大名)

Location: Shibuya Terminal, Tokyo-To, on the planet you people call Jupiter (It's actually called Azmalrish).

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, I don't agree with any of these. Granted, Portal 2 is a great game, albeit short. Skyward Sword is Zelda, so you know it is gonna be decent. Batman: Arkham City looks good, but it just looked like a very good looking button masher (I haven't played it, so this is a first impression.). Uncharted never appealed to me, mainly for the fact that it plays like a movie. I play a video game so that I can play a game, not watch it. And Elder Scrolls...it's more hype than anything else. Sure, 300+ hours sounds like a lot, but seriously, the only reason I would say it is good is because they finally got the graphics in the game to look good for the models. If a game was based off looks, I'd say it would win (or second to Skyward. I like colour more than realism.).

Overall, I'd say Portal 2, mainly cause I didn't expect a Portal sequel (ending was asking for it, but come on. It could mean you are dead anyways.) and that the story there is great, especially with a protagonist who lets other characters speak it out. Granted, the first time you play it is the best, but that is because everything is new and unexpected, but with online play, the games lifetime is greatly extended.

Though honestly, I'd say Sonic Generations. Why is that? Oh I don't know, possibly the first decent Sonic game in over what? 15 years? Yeah, and the fact the game makes fun of it's failures, success, and is actually a gamer's game (meaning CoD noobs can't actually play it) makes it worth while.

Whoever said you can't have too many weapons is a genius! Oh wait...that was me.

You know, I've seen a lot of things. But a 10 ton behemoth of metal, powered by a race of beings made of pure energy that are completely genocidal to all other things in the universe was never one of them. Now I can say that, I have in fact, seen it all.
RedUnit10

Inquisitor General

Inquisitor General

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Portal 2. It was released this year with enough time to be played long enough to be called a game of the "year", unlike games like "Skyrim" and "Skyward sword" which in my opinion have not been released with enough time to play through them and call it a game of the "year".

Skyrim: Glitchiest game of the year.

Skyward sword: Game that made its creator realize they need change the direction the game is going of the year.

Batman Arkham City: Second place, just not as good as portal.

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception: Series thats been beaten to death of the year.

Evangelion is cool

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to agree with RedUnit, Portal 2 has my vote for the reasons he stated and for the fact that it has a great single player and multiplayer story. That alone makes it the game of the year in my opinion

mazrim

I watch Dragonball-Z

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Portal 2, it exceeded all my expectations. Skyrim only met them, plus I was sick of hearing about the damned thing before it even came out.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Jimbocho

I watch Dragonball-Z

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me at least, it was a toss up between Portal 2 and Skyrim. I voted for skyrim simply because I keep wanting to go back and play it unlike Portal 2. don't get me wrong Portal 2 is still an awesome game but I think the replay value of skyrim puts just a little bit higher on my list than Portal 2.
LithiumFlower

Daimyo (大名)

Daimyo (大名)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skyrim - you really get the most for you money with this game.
Being a geek is all about being honest about what you enjoy and not being afraid to demonstrate that affection. It means never having to play it cool about how much you like something. It's basically a license to proudly emote on a somewhat childish level rather than behave like a supposed adult. Being a geek is extremely liberating. -Simon Pegg
shootout-shinobi

I watch Dragonball-Z

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to say skyrim I got it when it first came out and I'm still havent come close to beating it I'm still just screwing. I also believe the hype around it Is 100 percent right. I have used skyrim to convert COD only players to rpg lovers.I also have to say maybe I'm just lucky like this but I have not come along one glitch yet and have yet to update from version 1.00 mostly because I'm lazy.
IchigoKurusaki

Evangelion is cool

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zelda will be forever mine.
dragonofthewest

Evangelion is cool

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Assassin's Creed Revelations

I watch Dragonball-Z

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skyrim.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
xahldera

I've seen Akira

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it was in the poll, I would've voted Deus Ex Human Revolution.
stllink0509

I watch Dragonball-Z

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I change my vote to Catherine.
Jinn

Total N00B

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voted Skyrim, even my oldman (he's 50+) plays the heck out of it. If anything, my personal choice would be Darksouls. Its sad that the game is not for everyone because of its sheer difficulty. My guess that's got to be the main reason that hinders it from being a game of the year material.
stllink0509

I watch Dragonball-Z

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I totally agree with you, dark souls is epic!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime Pulse Forums Forum Index -> Pulse Shows All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: