Anime Pulse Forums Forum Index Anime Pulse Forums
Anime Pulse Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Episode 321 Discussion Thread

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime Pulse Forums Forum Index -> Pulse Shows
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RedUnit10

Inquisitor General

Inquisitor General

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 9:56 pm    Post subject: Episode 321 Discussion Thread Reply with quote

I was rather surprised this question hadn't been asked in the past as its a pretty basic one, but here it is:

What manga to anime adaptation would you like to see the most? (this has to be a manga that has no anime adaptations as of yet)

I would really like to see an anime adaptation of the manga Monster Musume no Iru Nichijou. This is a relatively new manga to the industry, and its based upon both a very popular book know as The Monster girl Encyclopedia and a small online comic titled "Living with Monster Girls"; and with the trend of ghost girl, zombie girl anime a monster girl one can't be far off.

Otaku (お宅)

Otaku (お宅)

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My pick has to be Ratman, I love the campy courage and heart that carries most of the stories. Its got a great Veiwtiful Joe vibe going on.
After Tiger and Bunny's smashing succes I'm sure Ratman will do well too. Hero Fever, Dood.

Henshin a Go-Go Baby!
txMaddog

I watch Dragonball-Z

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd say 1/2 Prince. It's about a girl playing a guy character in an MMO that is supposed to only allow people to make character that are their real life gender. But due to being one of the first ones on her server the GM grants her one wish so she wishes to be a male character.

I didn't finish the series (I'll need to go back and do that) but it was mostly light hearted comedy (ie a Necromancer who is afraid of the undead joins the party) with some action.
Zeukran

Samurai (侍)

Samurai (侍)

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a very easy choice. Hoshi no Samidare aka Wakusei no Samidare aka Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer.
Quote:
Yuuhi, a college student, wakes up one morning to find a talking lizard informing him that the world is in great danger, with a mage plotting to destroy it with the "Biscuit Hammer": a gigantic mallet floating in space, preparing to fall and smash the planet. To stop this, he must join forces with the other knights and protect the princess, who stands in the way of the mage's plot.

Unfortunately for the lizard, Yuuhi is a bit of a misanthrope and wants no part in saving the world. But he is interested in serving the Princess; especially when she announces that she only wants to save the world so she can destroy it herself!
-TV tropes

It finished up a couple years ago, so you wouldn't run across the problem of running out of story that adaptations of ongoing manga do, especially those that get adaptations way earlier then they should.

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Toya
xahldera

I've seen Akira

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yotsubato! (Or Yotsuba&! as it's known in the West.) Although I suspect it will never appear as I recall the mangaka, Kiyohiko Azuma, had no plans for an anime adaptation. To be fair, he may have a point in that the stories in Yotsubato may not be necessarily suited for animation.
TimeChaser

Super Moderator

Super Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, if we're picking manga that haven't been adapted at all, that means I can't choose Angels Sanctuary even though its one adaptation was a very crappy OVA. So I'll go with Kaori Yuki's next-biggest manga: The Cain Saga/Godchild. Shoujo character designs, a young noble with a dark past, a hearthrob butler... This would probably appeal very much to the people who like Black Butler.

Evangelion is cool

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty Face, a dude gets his face burned off and wakes with the face of the girl he's crushing on who happens to have a identical twin who ran away. and has now to pretend that he is her while looking for the twin.

Inquisitor General

Inquisitor General

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dragonofthewest wrote:
Pretty Face, a dude gets his face burned off and wakes with the face of the girl he's crushing on who happens to have a identical twin who ran away. and has now to pretend that he is her while looking for the twin.

Sounds like a different manga where aliens landed on a dude and reconstructed him as a girl by mistake.

Evangelion is cool

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RedUnit10 wrote:
dragonofthewest wrote:

Sounds like a different manga where aliens landed on a dude and reconstructed him as a girl by mistake.
no in this manga he's still anatomically a dude. you're thinking of kamikashi girl meets girl

Evangelion is cool

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watashi no Kyuuseishu-sama aka My Messiah by Minazuki Suu.

His other series, Sora no Otoshimono aka Heaven's Lost Property, got 2 TV series, an OVA and a movie with a third TV series to follow this year.
I remember reading the manga through scans and it felt like such a mess reading it. It was probably due to bad translation on the scanlators part though I can't say for certain. I'd like to see My Messiah run as two TV series as the manga did in order to due the series justice because I got so lost that I was barely able to pick up on what was going on in the manga.

My Anime List
My Manga List
Ayumi_girl

I watch Dragonball-Z

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sonna Mirai wa Uso de Aru by Sakuraba Koharu

It's by the same author of Minami-ke and Kyou no Go no Ni, both of which have already had anime adaptations. What I've read of it so far is pretty good and I think it would make a pretty decent slice of life show.

I watch Dragonball-Z

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beauty Pop-lol this was the only shojo manga i have read this year -_-'
Trianglon

I watch Dragonball-Z

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love to see an anime adaptation of Kurohime. I really loved the manga and they even made an animated sequence for the game (which I have and it's not very good to be honest) but it shows that they animated some of it at some point. they should make a full series.
YotaruVegeta

I've seen Akira

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know Timechaser (and a few others- podcasters and fellow anime fans) have voiced their displeasure for Panty & Stocking (With Garterbelt; I did not like Dead Leaves all that much, but I love P&S.

However, Timechaser, if you were an exec at Cartoon Network, do you think it would be a good idea to have P&S on Toonami? It's a Japanese show that riffs and parodies American pop culture quite a lot.
RedUnit10

Inquisitor General

Inquisitor General

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

YotaruVegeta wrote:
I know Timechaser (and a few others- podcasters and fellow anime fans) have voiced their displeasure for Panty & Stocking (With Garterbelt; I did not like Dead Leaves all that much, but I love P&S.

However, Timechaser, if you were an exec at Cartoon Network, do you think it would be a good idea to have P&S on Toonami? It's a Japanese show that riffs and parodies American pop culture quite a lot.

You didn't answer the question at all, save this kind of stuff for the show comments.

I've seen Akira

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My fault. I thought this was a discussion thread.
Menos

Shogun (将軍)

Shogun (将軍)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally I want Drifting Classroom. I quite enjoyed the story and the style and would love to see an anime adaptation. 'Course the chances aren't very likely but I'd still love to see it. xD

I like Awesomeness, Randomness, and Fun!!!

(\ /)
( . . )
(")(")

Stop saying "animu" please.

Hikari no kami

I watch Dragonball-Z

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm going to go for BIOMEGA as i haven't heard/seen anything about it but if anyone could give me some info about it i would be very pleased
RedUnit10

Inquisitor General

Inquisitor General

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KeenHavoc wrote:
My pick has to be Ratman, I love the campy courage and heart that carries most of the stories. Its got a great Veiwtiful Joe vibe going on.

Isn't Zetman kind of like Ratman, anti-hero kind of plot.

I've seen Akira

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as I know, there is no Yotsuba anime, and I WANT IT!
Doug

Otaku (お宅)

Otaku (お宅)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Addicted To Curry for sure. that would be sweet. or spicy. however you like it. maybe with some tonkatsu on it?

it may not apply to the question exactly, but i would also really like to see the rest of the BECK: Mongolian Chop Squad animated. that manga really picks up right when the anime leaves off. and also Full Metal Panic Sigma. it picks up where the anime leaves off as well, and gets pretty serious and tragic as it goes on which would be really cool to see animated.
PoliticalGamer

I watch Dragonball-Z

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't go all that much into manga, so I really couldn't answer the question properly. However, I'd just like to say both host kept saying "East of Eden" rather than "Eden of the East." Viridi put it best at around :24
Xeorl

I've seen Akira

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if this really qualifies, but I'd enjoy an anime of Scott Pilgrim vs the World. I've seen the adult swim shorts and they were really good.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime Pulse Forums Forum Index -> Pulse Shows All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: