Anime Pulse Forums Forum Index Anime Pulse Forums
Anime Pulse Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Episode 325 Discussion Thread

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime Pulse Forums Forum Index -> Pulse Shows
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RedUnit10

Inquisitor General

Inquisitor General

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:27 pm    Post subject: Episode 325 Discussion Thread Reply with quote

Hey folks! I'm back again with this weeks discussion question, and this time around I'm making this question based on digital manga topic in the news TC covered.

Do you prefer your manga to be book form or do you prefer to read it online/ digitally through various readers?

I myself prefer the book. Nothing beats that good old printed smell books have, and the feel of turning a paper page just can't be replaced. Even that kind of texture paper gives to a manga, is much better then the glossy screen of an iPad or Kindle. I'll always buy my manga printed. (key word though; buy, I still read fan scanlations first and if its good enough I support the artist)

I watch Dragonball-Z

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Book always. There is something about having a book in ones hands that you don't get from a digital copy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
egochan

I watch Dragonball-Z

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone who says books is just nostalgic. Digital copies are better for various reasons. You can have access to thousands without needing anything bigger then a laptop. Your monitor has a backlight, so you can read whenever you want, regardless of lighting conditions. You get to read them months if not years in advance, or sometimes, get to read them at all. The only valid argument in my opinion for book over digital is to support the industry, but personally I pick digital over book every time.
Alga Zero

Evangelion is cool

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

online. I'd rather not have to be careful like reading something on my lappy as opposed to having to be careful not to damage the book. The spine gets messed up, the books never close, etc. etc. I'm just a computer person.

Just for Ichigo
My Anime List
My Manga List
TimeChaser

Super Moderator

Super Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Book. For the simple reason that its easier for me to read at the moment. I could read digital copies on my computer, and I have a Kindle so I could try to read manga on it if I wanted to, but I think you can't really enjoy digital manga on the go unless you have a device that has the appropriate screen size. This is also why I would never watch videos on a cell phone. I prefer to avoid eye strain.

I watch Dragonball-Z

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I prefer getting the book even go it cost like ten bucks where I go. Its pretty useful like when you have a power outage or don't have your computer with you

Last edited by Unit01 on Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:56 am; edited 1 time in total
thegreensai27

I watch Dragonball-Z

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

personally i prefer the hard copy. my dad says ill "grow out of that eventually" though.
Atomsk

I watch Dragonball-Z

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find that the published manga books tend to have better translations than any free online manga. So I normally read the earlier fan releases online and then purchase the printed series that I enjoy most once they have been released in the US.
Ray-Avalon

Evangelion is cool

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the easy accessibility of digital since I live in a place where I can only order manga but I also like the physical copy since I can hold it in my hands and make sure it's secure. It's a little hard to decide but I have to say the actual, physical manga is better in my opinion

Masaki_Masaru

Total N00B

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've only recently got hold of licensed tankobons in my area (since not a lot of them are available here, and the mangas I like are either rare or scan-lated), but so far I'm liking it. It feels good to actually hold a book for once...
$10forair
Warnings : 1

I've seen Akira

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Episode 325 Discussion Thread Reply with quote

RedUnit10 wrote:
Hey folks! I'm back again with this weeks discussion question, and this time around I'm making this question based on digital manga topic in the news TC covered.

Do you prefer your manga to be book form or do you prefer to read it online/ digitally through various readers?

I myself prefer the book. Nothing beats that good old printed smell books have, and the feel of turning a paper page just can't be replaced. Even that kind of texture paper gives to a manga, is much better then the glossy screen of an iPad or Kindle. I'll always buy my manga printed. (key word though; buy, I still read fan scanlations first and if its good enough I support the artist)

I like the book form especialy the new manga smell. I prefer to read it online because I can read it online for free, without all the hoops to jump trough. Like having to be a member, downloading
Spiked Curve

I watch Dragonball-Z

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a collector mentality so I like the hard media, but manga looks so nice on the retina display on the iPad that that is probably the direction I will go in the future unless it is a title that I really want to collect.
TheEternalSausage

I watch Dragonball-Z

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suppose it depends on several factors. For one, if it's not readily available, usually meaning that it's not available at local book stores, then I will probably read it online. It also depends on how interested I am. I do, though, vastly prefer having a physical copy. Can't beat that new manga smell.
infinity_57401

Kohai (後輩)

Kohai (後輩)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suppose I prefer digitally since I'm usually reading the newest chapter of Bleach or Naruto.

I watch Dragonball-Z

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I totally rock out the online manga.

Otaku (お宅)

Otaku (お宅)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would prefer digital if it had less copyright restrictions for my devices. I would totally get a few subscriptions. I'm running out of room for my physical volumes and Shonen Jumps. Paper free just seems greener, Dood.

Sh8keASpear

I watch Dragonball-Z

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On manga I go Digital, nothing beats free. 
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Xeorl

I've seen Akira

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm kinda of torn, I prefer the physical copy, but I'd rather not have to lug around a zillion books on vacations, etc.
gsilver

I watch Dragonball-Z

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm out of college, but don't yet own a house, so that means frequent moving, and often limited space... I'm going all digital when at all possible, reserving print for artbooks, and shorter series that I really like.
Staring at my 35 volumes of Berserk, 18 volumes of Monster, 21 volumes of Please Save My Earth, 17 volumes of Jojo's Bizarre Adventure... it gets to be a bit much, you know? I'm downright scared of what One Piece would do to my shelves.

I've got an ipad 3, and if I pick up any new series and they're available there, that's where I'm getting them. They often look better than the print versions, too.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime Pulse Forums Forum Index -> Pulse Shows All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: