Anime Pulse Forums Forum Index Anime Pulse Forums
Anime Pulse Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
The Anime Pulse Scholarship
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime Pulse Forums Forum Index -> Announcements/Rules
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gingerkitty

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 8:20 pm    Post subject: The Anime Pulse Scholarship Reply with quote

Hey Anime Pulse Fans!!

In an effort to expose Anime Pulse fans to the benefits of being a subscriber a scholarship program has been established. The scholarship will be a 1 month subscription to Anime Pulse subscriber benefits such as the subscriber only section of the forums and access to the weekly taping of AP on Friday evenings. There will be a new award winner each month.

To apply please post in this thread why you think you should be the winner of the scholarship. Be creative, you are trying to convince us to basically give money on your behalf. The deadline for submissions is the last Friday of the month (Jan. 26th). Once you have submitted you will NOT need to re-submit each month. However, if you become a subscriber on your own you will no longer be eligible for a scholarship in the future.

We will pick the first winner the last week of January and they will receive a scholarship for the month of February. Moving forward a winner will be picked at the end of the month to receive a subscription for the following month. Thus January's winner will get a subscription for February, February's winner will get a subscription for March and so on.

The winner will be picked each month will be solely decision of those involved so do not bother pestering the AP cast.

The scholarship is open to any member of the AP forums who is not a current or past AP subscriber. Please note, if you are chosen as a winner and you abuse your gift by passing around subscriber only links, conferencing in other people to the weekly taping sessions, etc your scholarship will be immediately and permanently revoked without discussion.

I look forward to hearing from you Good Luck!!

Last edited by gingerkitty on Sat May 05, 2007 9:39 am; edited 1 time in total
tiny

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well no one else wants to apply for this so i might as well throw my hat in the ring. no one else sign up i want it all for me. muhahaha Very Happy
marajsky

I watch Dragonball-Z

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I'm in too, but I paid for Jan.

Thanks!
Marajsky

UT
Stien

Otaku (お宅)

Otaku (お宅)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i would like to put my name in for it mainly because it would be a great birthday present if i get it

pray or you will become prey
watch anime in a bright room with a dark heart
Ichigo

God of Anime (アニメの神様)

God of Anime (アニメの神様)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RTFA people. You need to post WHY you should get the scholarship.

グレンラガン! スピンオン! 俺を誰だっと思ってる
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
malachi

I've seen Akira

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i belive i deserve this because of a few reasons... well i am actually posting a reason why. second, because i would really would like to help out AP any way that i can, even if its not my money it still helps them out. also i often have the money to send in to AP but before i do i end up having to throw it to my internet bill or for school suplies .. i also cant seem to hold down a job or get good grades so AP is the "ray of sunshine on a cloudy day" for me...

im sure there are much more deserving people but there is mine Smilie_PDT
gingerkitty

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ichigo wrote:
RTFA people. You need to post WHY you should get the scholarship.

Thanks Ichigo! C'mon people please post why you should get the scholarship. This is not going to be a random "draw a name from a hat" sort of thing. We are actually going to READ what you've posted and select someone from that.

Sensei (先生)

Sensei (先生)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

<.<

>.>

How bout' me?

I'm da prettiest, nicest, hungriest . . . .

Aww screw it, I give up. XD
Ninjagaiden titan

Kohai (後輩)

Kohai (後輩)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me. I cover Comic-Con Internation, donate every few months ($70 last month), and is willing to write unbaised reviews of anime (pokemon, digimon, inuyasha, not DB because of laziness) if people keep hounding AP about them. (I also nominate Faith)

One_Sin wrote:
Love is yelling "surprise buttseks" at your boyfriend before showing him what you mean by "futanari".
stewie

Sempai (先輩)

Sempai (先輩)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

malachi wrote:
i belive i deserve this because of a few reasons... well i am actually posting a reason why. second, because i would really would like to help out AP any way that i can, even if its not my money it still helps them out. also i often have the money to send in to AP but before i do i end up having to throw it to my internet bill or for school suplies .. i also cant seem to hold down a job or get good grades so AP is the "ray of sunshine on a cloudy day" for me...

What that a serious answer.
Ichigo

God of Anime (アニメの神様)

God of Anime (アニメの神様)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once again people. RTFA

"The scholarship is open to any member of the AP forums who is not a current or past AP subscriber."

グレンラガン! スピンオン! 俺を誰だっと思ってる
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
*SydeffeX*

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure I'll try also.
Why should I be the winner?
I wrote this Haiku.
marajsky

I watch Dragonball-Z

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, Let's see

I'm not sure why. Maybe that's why. I have a creative mind, I love to read and write fan fiction!
I just love you guys!!! (hint hint, do this work?? hahaha)

Oh hell I don't know.

I guess I'll just say "Nevermind"

Marajsky Smilie_PDT
stewie

Sempai (先輩)

Sempai (先輩)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peoples, please write a real essay, one that your mother would be proud of.
malachi

I've seen Akira

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stewie wrote:
malachi wrote:

What that a serious answer.

what exactly are you saying there stewie i dont understand your dialect??
melathemagiccookie

I watch Dragonball-Z

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

themagiccookie,Mela

The Cookies reason

(indent) I think I deserve it for a couple of reasons...I actually cant send money or subscribe because my parents will not allow such thing, I am also being able to get at least a month would be really nice for me ,so that at least I can know what its like be a subscriber.

(indent) Another thing is I love Anime Pulse! But really who doesn't, Even if I haven't been on for long I really felt welcomed by everybody...Also I feel I could contribute more if I had a opportunity to become a subscriber. Finally on a last note I feel that I should win this scholarship because I think I have plenty to gain from this not laugh wise but socially. Yes I do mean socially, It's more fun to hear things behind the scenes

PS. thanks Lev for the indent thing i just noticed it!!! and what horrible reasons its hard to think of such things XD

I finally revised it!

Last edited by melathemagiccookie on Wed Feb 21, 2007 7:27 pm; edited 3 times in total
faithgirl1

Shogun (将軍)

Shogun (将軍)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok this may be for some of you, your first exposure in writing for a scholarship.
You will have to do this to get into a better school. Here are some links to assist you.
https://birch.umflint.edu:4443/flint/fadocs/sample_essay.html
http://www.statementofpurpose.com/ee/scholarship.html
http://fileblogs.com/Scholarship-Essay-Contests-10-SureFire-Ways-to-Win-in-Essay-Challenge&article_32519

Episode 8 (Season 4) 2:31-2:47(for the entire rant)
Batou: But if you’re posting,
Ichigo: and you have a full keyboard and plenty of room to type,
Batou: there is NO EXCUSE not to write something out!!!
------------------
Episode 158 ....3:42 -3:47
Tim:Angry, assertive British Ladies and whips go together like Pumpkin Pie.
Kurisu

I watch Dragonball-Z

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I deserve this scholarship because Ayame and Sakura are goddesses...
Ayame Clyne

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

er....um
i wrote a scholarship essay once, i'll never do it again.

I dont deserve this scholarship, but i will give this a try, because i am a broke college student (ha cheap excuse right?). I listen to every episode, so it wont go to waist. Sakura could listen to it through my compy, but i guess thats more of a bad thing for ap than a good thing >>'. I've been an active member of ap since march 2006, not really so much the forums, but i am an active member on irc, and now an op (fear me! >:3) So lets try this, here is your why pay for me one month and sakura will pay her way for one month (more like i will pay for her) being that we only have one parent, it will be cruel for her to pay $10 a month. Just to test the waters >.> and if we feel that its worth the content we'll keep subscribing. Since for most members its only $60, but considering its going to be $120 yearly, i want to see if it is actually worth putting our money into, because i dont mind waiting till sunday to get the current episode. So if all goes well ap will gain 2 new subscribers :) i think that is fair.

Its not a negotiation, its just a thought. :)
horrible essay, not even an essay, and i sound b*tchy in it >>'. oh wells

no grammar or spelling corrections took place >> lack of periods and commas are noticable.

WOOT THIS WAS THE 200th post :D

I've seen Akira

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hydra, Leviathan
1-14-07
Anime 110B
Scholarship Essay

<INDENT>I feel that i deserve this scholarship for many reasons. For starters, lacking the appropriate age for using paypal can hinder gaining such a privelage as subscribership. Another reason would be difficulties in mailing money due to overprotective parents who begged their own parents for a curfew when they were young. Finally, I feel that I would be a great asset to the conversations that go on during live recordings.
<INDENT>If I were old enough to use paypal, or withdraw from my savings account without parental consent, I certainly would. However, being under the age of 18, such a thing is not possible. In addition, I would not feel right using paypal anyway, due to the fact that a percentage of what you pay is taken by paypal itself, therefore requiring a larger sum/a loss on Anime-Pulse's side, both of which make little to no sense.
<INDENT>My next issue concerns my parents. A couple months back, I attempted to send my first donation to Anime-Pulse, in order to get rid of all those nasty pop-ups. However, the mailman did not remove the envelope from the box, and when my parents came across it the next day, my mother had a fit. Currently, the only way I can mail off cash is if I go to a nearby popular shopping center that has a public mailbox, and not include my return adress on the envelope. Taking trips to said shopping center are hard to achieve on my own, seeing as how I have not <INDENT>Finally, I feel that I will be an asset to the group that has formed behind the live recordings. Just a few weeks ago, Nf was telling me how unlively it was one recording night. He spoke of people who would not speak, even though they were there. I define such people as "lurkers," and find them rather annoying. Whenever a chat room or IRC channel is dead, or lacking interesting conversation, I make sure that I have something to say, usually something with meaning!
<INDENT>I am not sitting here begging for money. I am simply giving good reasons, like messed up parents, lack of personal rights, and a good character to give me money willingly. I sincerely hope that this scholarship will benefit not just me, but also the donating party.

For the record, I bothered to put in proper 5-space indents, but they went away.
Ayame Clyne

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

o.o *claps for lev* I am impressed, go lev go :D!!!!

I watch Dragonball-Z

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to try being a subscriber, just once so I know whether or not that putting the very little money I have into it would be a good idea.

Plus, I really want to help Anime Pulse, but my mum... enough said.
Digon25

Evangelion is cool

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ummm... well i think that i shoud get it becaue I am a big AP fan =D. I relly want to get this cuz... sadly my mom wont let me use her card for stuff like this Smilie_PDT ,so this is a great chance to get it (~*yay*~). well I would love it thank you.

(I hope I win *fingers crossed*)

see you later bye =)
OtakuTNT

Sensei (先生)

Sensei (先生)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

YAY!! I THINK I SHOULD WIN BECAUSE I HAVE PINK UNDIES!! AND PINK SPARKLY!! DRESSES YAY!!! ^-^ uhhhhhhhhhh i didn't even reead all of the first post *cries* I DON'T EVEN KNOW IF THIS IS OVER

BUT I AM POSTING ANYWAY YAY!!! ^-^ well i am CARE FERE!!!! CARE FEREEEEEEEE FREEE *cries* NAD I WROTE A REPORT ON MY CONVENTION!! ;o; I THINK SOME OF YOU READ IT!! T_T AND AND AND I HAVE BEEN WITH AP SINCE FOREVER! AND I AM STILL HERE!! SUPPORTING IT!! FROM AUSTRALIA!! YAY!! ^-^

uhhhhhhhh hi rangiku Smilie_PDT
Leviathan

I've seen Akira

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to say just this one thing: 0wnt, biatches.

/win.

EDIT: I guess I should thank my current english teacher for being able to keep me awake in class... >.> or something.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime Pulse Forums Forum Index -> Announcements/Rules All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: