AP 659 - Megane

Discuss individual shows here
VicMonado
Site Admin

AP 659 - Megane

Post by VicMonado »

Favorite glasses wearing male and or female character(s) in a anime. (Sunglasses and Monocles count) GO!!

Forum topic suggested by Pumirya
Blackmagic4444
Colonel Exposition
Colonel Exposition

Re: AP 659 - Megane

Post by Blackmagic4444 »

Got to give it to Sakamoto from Haven't You Heard? I'm Sakamoto, and a classic Uryu Ishida from bleach. Guys kicking ass and taking names. While I can name a lot for the girls I'll go with Tashigi from One Piece and Rei Tachibana from Pani poni dash. Girls who are already cute and hot, the glasses just make them hotter!
Don't get left, just get on your good foot.
rampant_a_i
Bigger Fan
Bigger Fan

Re: AP 659 - Megane

Post by rampant_a_i »

I am a 'YUGE meganekko fan. I don't know why, but I often find them to be the more interesting of anime trope characters, especially when they know how to work them glasses. I also have too many favorites to list, but I will keep it to my current top three. (Hmm, some have already been mentioned, but here goes...)

(3) This one is a bit different for me. Mari Illustrious Makinami from the Evangelion reboot movies. As insanely blood-thirsty as this girl can be when piloting an eva, with her wearing those cat-eye glasses while doing so just inverts her cocky, vicious attitude, which to me is usually off-putting, and makes her seem, yeah, sexy. It's just glasses, mind you, but, hey, it works. Cannot for the life of me explain.

(2) I don't think anyone has yet mentioned Mirai Kuriyama from Kyoukai no Kanata (Beyond the Boundary). She's easily one of the top ten, and she's so incredibly adorable. She fits the trope to a tee, as only Kyo Ani can.

(1) BUT my top pick for all-time best meganekko is, of course, the poster child for this forum question, Tsubasa Hanekawa from the Monogatari series. "I don't know everything, Araragi. I only now what I know." Long hair, braids, or short hair, she's adorably hot and witty and cute. I did feel a bit betrayed when in later seasons she started wearing contacts, but I was already smitten, so I can overlook that. Also in her favor is that her aberrational form is that of ferocious cat-girl. A Mega Neko, or "Big Cat", if you get the pun.
ImageImage
Wherever you go... there you are.