AP 718 - Do-Over

Discuss individual shows here
VicMonado
Site Admin

AP 718 - Do-Over

Post by VicMonado »

Sometimes you get an anime that you like the idea of that doesn't stick the landing or an adaptation you were looking forward to that doesn't turn out quite right. I'm a fan of second chances so today, lets talk about some anime that you think could get remade better and feel free to go on a bit further on what you would maybe change this time round!

Forum topic suggested by TheTruG0dOfLawnMowing
rampant_a_i
Bigger Fan
Bigger Fan

Re: AP 718 - Do-Over

Post by rampant_a_i »

I was just thinking about this the other day in regards to one anime while doing some research into Fantasy and Isekai anime series and movies.
One would have though that Tales of Earthsea, being based on a well-known series of novels as well as a production of Studio Ghibli would have been a smashing success. However, while it seemed to capture some of the names and roles of its characters, the anime film failed to live up to Ursula K. Le Guin's novels and even became pretty much an embarrassment to Hiyao Miyazaki, who had assigned his son Goro to direct. Thus I would like to see a better anime adaption of this fantasy series, whether by Ghibli or another good animation studio, most certainly as an anime series or mini-series this time.

Similarly, I would very much love to see a better, more faithful animated adaption of Kentaro Miura's Berserk manga. Ideally one done with at least as much care as the Golden Age arc of movies (2012-2013), rather than the badly CG-animated farce that we got in the 2016 TV series. Miura deserved to have a much better treatment of his works, now that he is no longer with us.
Wherever you go... there you are.