Anime Pulse Forums Forum Index Anime Pulse Forums
Anime Pulse Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Chigo's Rant

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime Pulse Forums Forum Index -> Pulse Shows
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chibigodzilla

Sexy Commando (セクシーコマンドー)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 2:22 pm    Post subject: Chigo's Rant Reply with quote

I do have a Shuffle! rant lined up for my next segment, but if you have any topics that you would like me to rant about please let me know.
chibigodzilla

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 2:42 pm    Post subject: Shuffle! Part II Reply with quote

I just watched Shuffle! episodes 17-20 this weekend and in response I present a rant which I like to call: fudge Kaede (not literally). I should note that there will be spoilers here so, if you have seen these episodes you may want to red this later.

(highlight to read)
edit: so the white colot doesnt quite work but there is no light blue

fudge Kaede! (not literally)

I would like to preface by saying that I never really liked Kaede; I always felt that she was rather weak willed. Also, I do like Asa and I should point out that when I did my rant in show 6 I had 0nly seen up to episode 16.

In episode 19 we lean what happened after Rin and Kaede’s parent died. (For those of you who decided to look at the spoilers; Kaed collapsed at the funeral and was lying in the hospital dieing. She had given up on life, and then Rin comes in and tells her that it was his fault that they died. She tries to strangle him and spends the next 10 or so years trying to make his life hell. One day she discovers a postcard, from her mother, in Rin’s room that effectively places the blame on Kaede. Then she decides to try to make it up to Rin.)

Tsuchimi Rin is, and has always been, someone who puts others before himself. When young Kaede went al psycho on him he accepted that as a price he had to pay for saving her life. At any time Rin could have moved out, or at least told Kaede’s father about what was happening, he did not.

When Kaede learned the truth he went after her and saved her life again. However, Kaede feels so guilty about what she had done that she believes that she isn’t worthy of being loved by anybody. When she said (In one of the early episodes) that she lived to make Rin happy, it wasn’t quite clear just how serious a statement that is. The fact is that if she hadn’t done that she would have chosen suicide.

Now, Rin can take care of himself, he can survive without Kaede to cook every meal for him. Kaede’s choice made her a doormat she repressed all of her unhappiness and put on a façade that says “As long as Rin-kun is happy…”

Everything up to here simply elicits pity from me but it’s when she tells Asa to leave and says “People like you don’t deserve to live!” that any pity I had turns into disgust. Asa has never been anything but kind to Kaede and she gave Kaede plenty of time to make a move for Rin. But as Rin starts to slip away from Kaede rather that make her feelings known she buries them and lets them build up. When the dam finally breaks she lashes out at the nicest person around.

So, Kaede acts in the most selfish way possible and then accuses Rin of being selfish and she fucks with my girl Asa.

That’s two strikes and I think a third may be coming soon.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime Pulse Forums Forum Index -> Pulse Shows All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: