Anime Pulse Forums Forum Index Anime Pulse Forums
Anime Pulse Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Current Favorite Album?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Anime Pulse Forums Forum Index -> Your Game/Anime/JPop and Music Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TimeChaser

Super Moderator

Super Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nightwish - Dark Passion Play

More progressive, symphonic power metal. Very much like their previous album, but this album breaks in new vocalist Anette Olzon. Unlike former vocalist Tarja Turunen, Anette isn't operatically trained, but her voice fits the music just as well.

As always, for those who like bombastic metal tinged with classical orchestral elements, Nightwish delivers.

Sensei (先生)

Sensei (先生)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was a hard decision to come to, but I finally have a new favorite album.

The Devil And God Are Raging Inside Me - Brand New

This is a fairly hard album for me to describe. There are times when it is incredibly gentle, but then it will suddenly lift into these choruses that seem to demand your attention. Because of this, there are various tracks that really stick out and get stuck in your head easily. Also, the different sounds that Brand New brings forth in each track make up for any faults that may be present.

JESUS CHRIST HOW HORRIFYING

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed <3
But that was like my favorite album..a year ago..

Right now I'm addicted to the new NEWS album, Pacific
<3 pi!!

I've seen Akira

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dethklok's The Death Album.

TimeChaser

Super Moderator

Super Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sound Of The Apocalypse - Black Bonzo

From the title, you'd think this was some hardcore death metal album, but instead it's a slice of retro-flavored progressive hard rock. Black Bonzo pay homage to the past, but still keep it in the present with great production and by throwing in a hard edge here and there.

Besides guitar, bass, drums & keyboard, they also include indian chanting, hammond organ, mellotron, bouzouki, and flute.

This is also one of those rare albums I can listen straight through from beginning to end; there is not a single mediocre song in the set, and they finish in style with the 13-minute title track.

Sensei (先生)

Sensei (先生)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Battle of Los Angeles - Rage Against The Machine

This album is a showcase for basically everything that is great about Rage Against The Machine. Whether it's the unique guitar work, the funky bass lines, or the socially/politically-fueled lyrics: They're all in full force on this album. It's also one of the best blends you're ever going to find of hip-hop and hard rock.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's barely been a week, but I've already decided upon a new favorite album.

Ire Works - The Dillinger Escape Plan

"Complicated" is an understatement when talking about any album from this band. The heads of most music teachers would probably explode upon hearing the triplets, blazing fast scales, and shifts in time signatures. "Brutal" is also an understatement when talking about The Dillinger Escape Plan. Like I just mentioned, some of the gutar parts on this album are of a face-melting quality. Plus, the vocalist has quite the unrelenting scream. However, there are also parts of this album that seem completely separate from anything The Dillinger Escape Plan has done before (Tracks like Black Bubblegum, Sick on Sunday, and Mouths of Ghosts being the best examples). Even with those odd pieces, Ire Works is a great listen all the way through.

TimeChaser

Super Moderator

Super Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got a new one.

Psychogeist - Age Of Nemesis

Excellent progressive metal by this band from Hungary. The first 6 tracks tell the Psychogeist story: After years of searching, a woman at last finds her young son, taken from her by her husband. She learns that her child was subjected to experiments that have transformed him into a Psychogeist, someone who can step outside of their own body. Now she must protect the boy from those who would use this power for their own ends...

After an instrumental track halfway through the CD, the songs switch to more self-contained pieces.

Heavy guitars and laser-like synths blend together, adding that extra layer that is a trademark of the progressive genre. Vocalist Zoltan Kiss sometimes sounds just a tad flat, but not to such a degree that it detracts from the experience.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Proof Of Concept - KBB

Just got this one in the mail today and it's great stuff. KBB is an instrumental fusion band from Japan, mixing elements of jazz, rock, and even some folk. The band is led by violinist Akihisa Tsuboy, who can really shred when he gets going.

It's just beautiful music that takes you away.

I watch Dragonball-Z

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GUILTY- Ayumi Hamasaki

Its her newest album and I absolutely love it, especially track 2, (don't) Leave Me Alone.

Sensei (先生)

Sensei (先生)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

8 Diagrams - Wu-Tang Clan

The newest album by the Wu-Tang Clan offers an uncompromising experience and a true breath of fresh air into the generic scene that is modern hip-hop. Each member of the group keeps their lyrics from becoming a cycle of incoherent rambling and the various beats keep each song unique from the track that comes before it (Personal favorites of mine include Rushing Elephants and Unpredictable). Without a doubt, it's the best hip-hop album of '07.

TimeChaser

Super Moderator

Super Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Legends Of Monta: Part 1 - Odd Logic

Second album from this progressive rock/metal 'band' - which is actually a solo project with guests - is an ambitious concept piece.

Legends Of Monta is like setting a fantasy novel or epic poem to modern rock music, and the experience is heightened by a spoken-word intro, intermission, and outro performed as a grandparent reading a story to a child. The story itself is a combination of magical fantasy and scifi, about a quest to save the world of Syon from an invasion by the armies of Monta.

The music alternates between light and heavy with nice crunchy guitars. Sound effects and performed characters also add to the experience. To realize one man plays all the instruments and sings makes the quality of this album even more amazing.

Even the packaging plays a part: this CD is a totally independent release, and the booklette is stock paper cut to size with the lyrics computer-printed on it. The audio quality is also a bit echoy, and gives it a rough, unpolished sound that I enjoy.

In the end, it's like picking up an old worn, dogeared book that you just love to read again and again.

Sensei (先生)

Sensei (先生)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neon Bible - The Arcade Fire

There are so many things about this album that makes me want to just listen to it over and over again. It has an almost relentless upbeat tempo that seems hypnotic in the way it forces movement upon the listener. The use of various instruments (Organs, strings, horns, etc.) make each track different, while the vocals and the aforementioned tempo somehow manage to connect them all together excellently. Just about every single song on this album has an absolutely beautiful melody, as well (My personal favorite among them being No Cars Go).

Full Metal Head

I've seen Akira

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baroness - The Red Album

This was my favorite album of 2007 and I highly recommend it to anyone with ears.

nitroglycerine

Otaku (お宅)

Otaku (お宅)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Revolver The Beatles

Well I should've heard this one earlier, because most people say it's their favorite Beatles album. Before this though, my favorite was Sergeant Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band. Classic.

The most massive gathering of AP people this site has ever seen
http://www.anime-pulse.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=136191#136191
TimeChaser

Super Moderator

Super Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A Gentleman's Hurricane - Mind's Eye

Great melodic metal album.

A concept piece centered around a veteran assassin who has come to grow tired and guilty over his work. He takes refuge in a small town and spends seven days confessing his sins to a priest before he must carry out his final job.

Otaku (お宅)

Otaku (お宅)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Favourite Worst Nightmare- Arctic Monkeys

British rockers with tongue in cheek lyrics. The songs have a bouncy vibe to them and range from slower songs to faster numbers like the opener "Brainstorm". "Fluorescent Adolescent" is a catchy little ditty with a great music video that reminds me of Guy Ritchie movies.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ma9I9VBKPiw
TimeChaser

Super Moderator

Super Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

01011001 - Ayreon

Another 2-CD rock opera from Arjen Lucassen's Ayreon project.

This album brings together the loose threads of all previous Ayreon stories: the Forever people of planet Y have evolved too far, relying on machines and losing their emotions. In order to start over, they send a sample of their DNA via a comet to Earth. The impact wipes out the dinosaurs, and eventually gives rise to humans. But Forever are impatient, and influence man's evolution to speed up. Humanity's technological advancement outpaces it's moral development, and eventually they destroy themselves; Forevers' experiment has failed.

Everything Ayreon produces is epic and full of so many layers because Lucassen invites many instrumentalists to participate, as well as multiple vocalists playing the various parts in the story, 17 on this album alone.

THE VOCALISTS:
Hansi Kursh (Blind Guardian)
Daniel Gildenlow (Pain Of Salvation)
Tom Englund (Evergrey)
Jonas Renkse (Katatonia)
Jorn Lande (ex-Masterplan, Ark)
Anneke van Giersbergen (ex-The Gathering)
Steve Lee (Gotthard)
Bon Catley (Magnum)
Floor Jansen (After Forever)
Magali Luyten (Beautiful Sin, Virus IV)
Simone Simons (Epica)
Phideaux Xavier
Wudstik
Marjan Welman (Elister)
Arjen Lucassen
Lisellote Hgt (Dial)
Ty Tabor (King's X)

Evangelion is cool

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Current Favorite Album is Dethalbum buy Dethklok

I've seen Akira

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loving Serj Tankians album 'elect the dead' . Awesome mix of acoustic and metal along with most of what serj sings about, political satyr.

For those who dont know serj tankian was the main singer from System of a down
Ayumi_girl

I watch Dragonball-Z

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I now have a new favorite album.

KINGDOM - Koda Kumi (I've got the CD+2DVD version)

I've been listening to the CD and watching both DVDs for 3 days now.

I watch Dragonball-Z

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i got 2 favorite albums right now.
The first is No World for Tomorrow by Coheed and Cambria.

The 2nd is Finding Beauty in Negatice Places by Seether. I suggest listining to the songs on this album, they are very very good.Its a type of rock music.

P.S- i hate that screemo music
TimeChaser

Super Moderator

Super Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heavy Persuasion - Torben Enevoldsen

Instrumental hard rock/heavy metal solo album by a great guitar shredder from Denmark. Enevoldsen knows how to play with flair, but also with restraint, so he never goes overboard.

I've seen Akira

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The New Reign by Born of Osiris

Biohazared20

Evangelion is cool

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Metal for the Masses Volume 4 its so awesome

Super Moderator

Super Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Animations - Animations

Self-produced debut album from this killer Metal/Fusion band from Poland. Animations really know how to craft great songs that are complex and constantly morphing.

I really hope they continue in this vein and don't bother finding a vocalist, it would just ruin the formula.

Clip of the band live (DVD quality):
http://youtube.com/watch?v=W10bdAKO2B4

Sensei (先生)

Sensei (先生)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frankenstein Girls Will Seem Strangely Sexy - Mindless Self Indulgence

There's something about MSI's frantic energy, excessive vulgarity, and bizarre sound/lyrics that I can't help loving. This album is basically the epitomy of all those elements, with such tracks as "Faggot", "Backmask", "Clarissa", and "I'm Your Problem Now". It's definitely not music for everyone, but it's entertaining enough to warrant a listen through for those who can handle it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Anime Pulse Forums Forum Index -> Your Game/Anime/JPop and Music Reviews All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: