Anime Pulse Forums Forum Index Anime Pulse Forums
Anime Pulse Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
One Piece
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Anime Pulse Forums Forum Index -> Other Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zeukran

Samurai (侍)

Samurai (侍)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aizen-sama wrote:
Zeukran wrote:
LithiumFlower wrote:
Well we've seen 2 of the crew members so far. I wish One Piece came out more often than once a week. It's gonna be torture waiting to see what Chopper was so worked up about at the end of this chapter.

It obviously is part of Rayleigh's plan.

yeah, but the suspense is killing her.

Not only her.

Edit: Now that I think about it, I think Rayleigh is gonna start training Luffy to use Haki, especially good on Amazon Lily since everyone there also uses Haki.

With Chopper, it's probably yet another bounty raise. The whole breaking into, and out of Impel Down, taking many high profile pirates with him, and raining down on the war, nearly escaping with Ace, would probably be considerate of a bounty raise.

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Toya
Vongola Primo

I watch Dragonball-Z

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find it hysterical that Oda lined up the events of the crew's whereabouts with the anime. Does that make the filler episodes in the anime "filler content"? I had a feeling that Oda might have had a hand in the script writing for those episodes.

Rayleigh just went up a couple of notches in the epic department after knowing he swam to Amazon Lily all the while roflstomping all the sea kings that got in his way. I was a bit in the lost when Law mentioned "D will cause a storm again...". Is it related to an event that Roger to part in or something more specific with the people that carry "D" in their name? These questions are killing me but all in good time I guess. This current chapter was clearly not in my realm of possible outcomes when I made my predictions how Luffy will get back to his crew.

"That's the guy from North Blue, with the 200,000,000.. Trafalgar Law... I've heard rumours about him, and they weren't pleasant. His manners aren't too good either... " -Eustass Kid
LithiumFlower

Daimyo (大名)

Daimyo (大名)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So Zoro ended up with Hawkeye and Nami ended up in a country that studies weather, Franky ended up having access to the lab of a scientist/engineer?

Gee, how perfect is that?
Being a geek is all about being honest about what you enjoy and not being afraid to demonstrate that affection. It means never having to play it cool about how much you like something. It's basically a license to proudly emote on a somewhat childish level rather than behave like a supposed adult. Being a geek is extremely liberating. -Simon Pegg
Zeukran

Samurai (侍)

Samurai (侍)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LithiumFlower wrote:
So Zoro ended up with Hawkeye and Nami ended up in a country that studies weather, Franky ended up having access to the lab of a scientist/engineer?

Gee, how perfect is that?

We've already known about Nami on weather island, and Franky on Vegapunk's home island. However, its a new fact that the island Zoro is on is Hawkeye's. Also, didn't Kuma say, in the previous chapter, that he worked with the Revolutionary Army, which would mean he probably sent them to their respective islands to become more powerful.

aizen-sama

Sensei (先生)

Sensei (先生)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Zeukran on that. But I doubt Zoro would let Hawkeye train him.
Zeukran

Samurai (侍)

Samurai (侍)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aizen-sama wrote:
I agree with Zeukran on that. But I doubt Zoro would let Hawkeye train him.

I doubt that too. However, the monkeys are pretty strong, and Zoro seems to be having trouble with them. (LAWLZ at monkey trying to heal a wound with spit).

Vongola Primo

I watch Dragonball-Z

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zoro is too proud to let the person he's aiming for train him but we can say the same thing about Mihawk. I don't believe he will personally groom Zoro's sword skills even if he does want to see him improve which is why Kuma specifically sent Zoro to Mihawk's place, he probably knew of the monkeys. Mihawk will more than likely just sit there observing whilst inscuspicusly giving Zoro pointers. He already did so by saying that the baboons learn by imitating humans. They have an interesting dynamic and can't wait to see what comes from it.

"That's the guy from North Blue, with the 200,000,000.. Trafalgar Law... I've heard rumours about him, and they weren't pleasant. His manners aren't too good either... " -Eustass Kid
LithiumFlower

Daimyo (大名)

Daimyo (大名)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, so Kuma is an ally?

That's what happens with a series this long. I tend to forget things that happened 50 chapters ago and I'm left going wtf? when a new chapter comes out.

But seriously, is the news in the paper that everyone's so shocked about just Luffy's relationship to Dragon and Garp and a new bounty? Or am I missing something...again?
Being a geek is all about being honest about what you enjoy and not being afraid to demonstrate that affection. It means never having to play it cool about how much you like something. It's basically a license to proudly emote on a somewhat childish level rather than behave like a supposed adult. Being a geek is extremely liberating. -Simon Pegg

Last edited by LithiumFlower on Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Zeukran

Samurai (侍)

Samurai (侍)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LithiumFlower wrote:
Ok, so Kuma is an ally?

That's what happens with a series this long. I tend to forget things thta happened 50 chapters ago and I'm left going wtf? when a new chapter comes out.

But seriously, is the news in the paper that everyone's so shocked about just Luffy's relationship to Dragon and Garp and a new bounty? Or am I missing something...again?

Well, we don't know what the news is. Rayleigh obviously had him come out about his family. And the info about Kuma being a part of the revolutionary army was revealed only two chapters ago, so apparently you missed it.

LithiumFlower

Daimyo (大名)

Daimyo (大名)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*facepalm*

I have to stop reading manga while I'm at work. That's probably 90% of my problem right there.
aizen-sama

Sensei (先生)

Sensei (先生)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LithiumFlower wrote:
*facepalm*

I have to stop reading manga while I'm at work. That's probably 90% of my problem right there.

LOL.

Luffy sticks it to the World Government YES!
LithiumFlower

Daimyo (大名)

Daimyo (大名)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So we have a slightly better idea of what the news is. Luffy has declared a new age, but I still would like to know what Rayleigh's part in this is.
aizen-sama

Sensei (先生)

Sensei (先生)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

everyone takes steps to become even more powerful.

I just hope they skip the training montage parts and skip straight to the new techniques being shown off.
LithiumFlower

Daimyo (大名)

Daimyo (大名)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sanji's training sounds hilarious. That's one I wouldn't mind reading about.
chaosof99

Evangelion is cool

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lot's of things happening in this one. Chopper with his best Sogeking impression was hilarious. However, what got me most interested was three things:
1) Who is the dude Doflamingo was talking to?
2) What's Jewelery Bonney's backstory?
3) Is Bonney dead, imprisoned, or perhaps even released?

Also, Oda pretty much laid a stinker with the romanization of Shiryuu's name. Shiliew? The hell?

Samurai (侍)

Samurai (侍)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So we learn what the deal was about with Luffy.

Also, no One Piece for 4 weeks, but it'll probably be two years in the future when Oda gets back. Maybe this event will allow a few extra pages, maybe even a few colour pages?

aizen-sama

Sensei (先生)

Sensei (先生)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cool. Luffy to control his haki and Zoro learns from Mihawk. that's all i needed to know. not to discount the other characters but i like them the most.
LithiumFlower

Daimyo (大名)

Daimyo (大名)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aizen-sama wrote:
cool. Luffy to control his haki and Zoro learns from Mihawk. that's all i needed to know. not to discount the other characters but i like them the most.

Same here. Zoro is my favorite character so he's the only one I'm really interested in seeing. Although Luffy's training sounds interesting too.

It's gonna be a long 4 weeks without One Piece.

EDIT: NEW CHAPTER IS OUT!! It's been a long month with no One Piece. I love the slightly new looks of all the characters...except why have we still not seen Zoro? He was the first one back to the ship, so where is he?
chaosof99

Evangelion is cool

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally, the torturous month-long wait is over.

Character designs have changed a bit. The strangest one to me is Robin without her trademark hairstyle. Franky too without his Ace Ventura wave. Nami with only her hair grown long is probably the smallest change except for Chopper and Brook, whose design can't really change.

I do wonder how fast Luffy is going to annihilate that impostor crew though.

Sensei (先生)

Sensei (先生)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

with them coming back together after two years things look like they're going to take off fast. a great chapter!
chaosof99

Evangelion is cool

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, probably the biggest change in character design I didn't even realize until a second ago: Sanji's hair is now covering his other eye! I thought his design was weird at first, but that was because the curl of his eyebrow is now inwards since the curls are pointing in the same direction.

Daimyo (大名)

Daimyo (大名)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It took me a little bit to notice that as well. And from the full color page of the whole crew does it look to anyone else like Zoro has a Kenpachi-like scar over his right eye?
frogg983
Warnings : 1

Evangelion is cool

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not Kenpachi! Rayleigh! It's pretty much identical to Rayleigh's

Daimyo (大名)

Daimyo (大名)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*facepalm* Yeah, Rayleigh should have been the first person to come to mind. I guess because of watching Bleach and seeing so much more of Kenpachi he was the first that jumped into my mind.
chaosof99

Evangelion is cool

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, apparently Oda made a mistake with that scar on the color page too. In the new chapter, when Zoro finally appears in the story again, it's on the other side :X

I do wonder though if Zoro's eye is really gone, or if he just keeps the eye closed for a reason we don't know yet. He doesn't wear an eyepatch for it, which is weird. I would find it weird for a crewmember to have permanent bodily harm. OK, except being reduced to a skeleton.

Also, Mihawk apparently taught Zoro the technique he used to cut Don Krieg's Galleon in half. The scene is very reminiscent of Mihawks introduction.

As predicted/obvious, the imposter crew isn't the slightest bit of a threat. Too bad they're going to mess up the reunion of the real Straw Hat Crew and bring the marines and Sentoumarou down on their ass. The again, I thought Luffy would already do it on his own by beating them crap out of the imposters. I thought it somewhat uncharacteristic for him to just knock them out with the Haki. Character growth, I guess.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Anime Pulse Forums Forum Index -> Other Manga All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 9 of 11

Jump to: