Anime Pulse Forums Forum Index Anime Pulse Forums
Anime Pulse Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Weird Dreams
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Anime Pulse Forums Forum Index -> Discussions/Melting Pot
View previous topic :: View next topic  
division-ten

Otaku (お宅)

Otaku (お宅)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 2:44 pm    Post subject: Weird Dreams Reply with quote

In some cultures, having a dream is a prophecy or a warnig that must be understood or fufilled. Had any strange dreams lately? Post them here!

Snow Shoveling:

My best girl friend and I were shoveling snow... with spoons. Regular, ordinary tablespoons. And we were in the middle of a deserted field.

But after each time she shoveled, she licked her spoon.

I said, "That's gross."

She replied, "Ypu're mean," and ran off to a castle that suddenly appeared out of nowehre (because, of course, that's perfectly acceptable in a dream).

I chased her, and found myself in the library on the first floor. She let loose a fire-breating dragon, and I ran for dear life, before realizing the books did not burn. I used the books as shields so I could run up the stairs to the tallest turret to confront her. I went to apologize, and then I woke up. I've got some other weird dreams that I can post later.

Happy slumber!

I watch Dragonball-Z

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I rarely have dreams, or it's rare that I remember. When I do, they're too weird to talk about. Most of the characters die, one way or another. When they don't... that's when wicked is the right term to use.
chaosof99

Evangelion is cool

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have two occasionally recurring nightmares, although one of them I didn't have in like 10 years at least.

So the first one (the one I don't have anymore) is basically me being chased by some half-zombified monster brute who is three times the size of me and has a normal head accept that the left side of his head is connected to his should by an eyeball twice the size of a humans head.

Now the strange thing is that when I was going to school about 7 years ago a friend of mine was a big Resident Evil fan who also had some comics to this game series. Since I'm a big comic fan and already was back then he borrowed them to me once and right in one of those books some scientist got infected by this T-Virus and mutated to pretty much the same thing that was chasing me in my dream.

My second recurring nightmare is rather lame in comparission. Basically I am sitting on the back of these long american firetrucks with the Ladders on the top, spinning around on it as the firetruck is navigating on a windy mountain road with a steep slope right beside it, at full speed of course with sounding sirens. Of course the truck loses control and goes over the road falling down the mountain and right as I smash my head into the ground I wake up and sit upright in bed.

That and I sometimes think that I dream about Minesweeper since I'm playing it too often while listening to podcasts. I also had nightmares from a game addiction when I was 12 and addicted to Crash Bandicoot:Warped.

I watch Dragonball-Z

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kids usually dream how they're being chased by a monster or something like that. It's just natural.
TimeChaser

Super Moderator

Super Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't often remember my dreams with any clarity, but the most recent one I can remember was just weird, and technically as close to a nightmare as I've ever come. I dreamed I was marrying a pregnant woman, but I wasn't the kid's father. I was doing it out of pity or something like that, and I remember feeling freaked out.

I don't know, make of that what you will Razz I don't really want any children, maybe it came from that. And the fact that I pride myself on being a gentleman and doing the right thing.

I also had a dream waaay back in 6th grade, where I was back in school, but it was as if the dream came out unfinished. Students, teachers, and desks were there... but nothing else, except an absolute white background. I guess my subconscious's green screen wasn't working.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

not to sound rude but you guys have some weird dreams i hardly ever dream and when i do its usually me putting myself into something ive watched recently (which can lead to some strange dreams i guess)
so yeah one of the few dreams i can remeber was being john cusack in "high fidelity" and that was just strange
MrVince

Kohai (後輩)

Kohai (後輩)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can relate with Tiny's post. I think I have watched too many history channel documentaries. I had a dream I woke up wearing olive green fatigues and a cap. I looked in the mirror and I had a long gray beard and hair! Too many documentaries on Castro and Guevara for me!
TimeChaser

Super Moderator

Super Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK... actually I'd rather dream I was a historical person than have Muppet dreams. Yes, I've had Muppets in my dreams before. The curse of the Jim Henson fan...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm
elmo danced in my dream once this summer the day i kept the TV on after seeing the letter of the day. the same dance he did on elmo's world

o_o;; it still haunts me today

and then pink bitchlady that took 1/2 of the cookie monster's job joined in too
AHH >_<
then i screamed and woke up O_o

I watch Dragonball-Z

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, in the last five months, I've been in a Combined Schools Musical Production ( not the show the whole time, that was only last week - I mean like preparation and stuff) and anyway, in performance week (we got a week off school) I had a dream one night about my friend Shaun and his "girlfriend" (She was a slut until she met him, then she was like "taken") and anyway, in the dream, he kept hitting on her, and everytime he did, she slapped me. I told them about it, guess what Shaun did. That's right, he started hitting on her. Which meant she started slapping me.

Also, once, I had a dream that my friend Maddi had sex with our friend Michael, which was weird, cus he's awesome. I was waiting outside a room and I heard moaning and then they came out at the same time.
Radical_Yue

I watch Dragonball-Z

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My last weird dream:

I was on this like...detective team working for House (ya know, the doctor from the TV show House) and we were like in this big mansion... Next thing you know, House would get injured (like his fingers or a limb would fall off) and this guy would rush in and be totally calm about it.

I'd turn around and House would have his limbs back 0.0 Turns out that they had made a prosthetic for whatever he just lost, and mass marketed it, making millions.

Next thing I know, the random faces of the other detectives are now Danny and Mike from NBC's "Las Vegas" and we're going into this gold elevator.

We're in the elevator with House, Danny and Mike and House's assistant person. Then the elevator starts filling with caramel and someone mentions midgets. Then all the guys start laughing about how midgets get all the action in bed.

Then I woke up @_@
Dio Brando
Warnings : 2

I've seen Akira

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't dreamed for months, but the last time i did, it was fudging epic. I have epic dreams that I should write down. I don't even remember what it was. These dreams are like my brain shits out a Michener novel in my sleep but with fight scenes.

But it was so awesome that I just remember how awesome it was.
chaosof99

Evangelion is cool

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tonight was another freak dream, but not a nightmare. Well, not realy.

So I'm in this classroom watching this guy in the front draw some kind of cartoon that is projected to the wall while he is telling what he does. Then I'm told to do this and it is like this school exam. I give it all my heart but my drawing and writing in the speech bubbles is rather crude. I get an F.

(for the next part you must know that I rolled my ankle last week and am still limping a little)

Then I'm walking home while some other kids (it seems that I'm 12 in this dream) are constantly making fun of me and appearantly have stolen my shoes. I'm walking staring at my bare feet and I got two right feet, so my left foot is also a right foot. I somehow get distracted by those taunting kids around me and look up, then look down again and realize that now I have my feet exchanged, so the big toes are on the outside on each foot. Then I woke up.

Evangelion is cool

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

man, i have like crazy weird dreams every week. Offhand, one i remember was...

I was basically in gym class in school, but for some reason we were playing dodgeball on water bumper cars (boats?) The kind that look like this...

except! it was the ones with the wheel on top, not the levers for control. So anyways, it sucked 'cause all these one kids were picking on everyone else. Then i found out that if i spun my wheel really fast, it my bumper boat would spin around like a top, and then eventually take off. So from up in the air i was hitting people left and right with the dodgeball. Then i ended up landing on top of another boat then i woke up.

One reoccuring dream i had as a kid, was i was riding a rollercoaster (mainly resembled the American Eagle... but it was going insanely fast up the first incline, so when i finally hit the top, it would just fling me out of it. Then i would just be flying in the air (no control really) then after a while of flying i would crash into some hill and wake up. Not really weird i guess but one that always stuck in my mind.

I guess another one comes to mind as well. When i was a kid i lived on a street that was a cirlce, or a court (or i guess a cul-de-sac). Anyways, in my dream i woke up to go outside to go to school and there were just these giant terrantulas (about as big as cars) hanging out in all my neighbor's driveways. Just chillin, not doing any wrong. Then when i walked outside to get to my car, they all just kind of stopped. Then i ended up running to the car and they all started chasing me. Once i got in the car, one of my friends was in there, then we ended up driving away, with the spiders chasing us. Then for no reason at all, instead of driving a car, i was on a little vespa (which makes matters worse since now there's no car to protect me). But anyways, the rest of the dream was just driving around trying to outrun these car-sized terrantulas.

The weird thing is, when i'm dreaming i'm not scared at all, just going on about my normally business. But when i wake up i think "wow, that was really creepy". But yeah, i have a lot of weird dreams.

Super Moderator

Super Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't remember them in any great detail, but I know I had nightmares for awhile after the first time I saw Tremors. In my defense, that movie is scary to a little kid =P

I watch Dragonball-Z

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

a nightmare i keep having is im in the mountains (i go camping every summer) and with my two dogs on a hike. Then 2 or 3 bears come and they start fighting and my dogs run off. Then the bears like start attacking me and i can't get away and sometimes it gets really gory (my blood everywhere).

I'll sometimes wake up right when i get attacked but if it gets gory, when i wake up part of my body will always hurt like i was bitten. the pain only last like 10 seconds but i've been having this dream alot over like the last 6 months or so and now i think i'm starting to be really afraid of bears.
phalon

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My mind hates me. It does mean things to me when I'm sleeping. Like sometimes it will make me think that I have gotten up and that I am halfway done getting ready in the morning, ie I have pants on. And then I realize that it was all an illusion and that I'm still lying in bed being late for something.

Others times my mind just gets brutal, like when I sleep in a bunk bed. I don't know how many different ways my mind has gotten me to throw myself off the top of those things, but I'm caugth off gaurd everytime.

- yeah, my sub-concious mind can be rather cruel to me, but you should ask my roomate about the conversations that I have with him while I'm sleeping.

Otaku (お宅)

Otaku (お宅)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You too? I'm a coherent sleeptalker. Combine this with the fact that I can fall asleep anywhere, in any position.

We were at dinner, I was maybe 13-14 years old. I feel asleep sitting up at the dinner table when my family went out to eat with friends. The waitress came around asking for a desert order and I asked for a "brownie sundae, no cherries please". Remember, I was alseep.

Then, as soon as she delivered it, I fell face-forward into the large dish. When I woke up with my head in a bowl of ice cream I was utterly confused.

Another time I had to use the bathroom and somehow went down the stairs to the living room instead of the next room over. I was close to going in the fireplace, the whole time arguing with my parents that I was in the bathroom. They grabbed me and ran up in time.

I also attack my stuffed animals in my sleep. I have a large plush Pikachu that ususally has its head bashed in when I wake up in the morning.

Super Moderator

Super Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hm.. my dad told me once that I used to come into his room while semi-conscious and wake him up, trying to talk to him (probably about whatever I had been dreaming about). He'd get me some water or something and put me back to bed. It always amazed me because I slept in a bunkbed, which means my body or mind still knew enough to climb down the ladder.

Once while staying in the hospital, the nurses were doing their usual crazy routine of coming in to get blood pressure and weigh me at 4 in the morning, and once I remember still babbling about the dream they'd just interrupted. Part of my brain knew I was rambling and was telling the other part to shut up, but it didn't work.

I've seen Akira

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm...i just had a dream that I was still in high school and i cut a day by staying home while my mom was out to lunch....all day.
Lord Canti

Daimyo (大名)

Daimyo (大名)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I usually dream,its about movies.But if I'm listening to music as i sleep (depends on music) it turns into an adventure type thingy.But my favorite dream is where I'm in a mall on the roof with tons of guns and ammo just killing a whole bunch of zombies.And more just keep coming and im like "Damn..when do you guys stop respawning?".Anyways...I've also had many OoB (Out of Body) experiences.Its pretty fun.I'm starting to learn how to do it.Well thats all remember for now.Man,if I woulda kept this paragraph the way it was,it would have been full of typos.

I've seen Akira

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol. Thats true about the music thing. Whatever you're listening to as you're sleeping somehow seems to get implemented into your crazy dream.
Zoneykid

Otaku (お宅)

Otaku (お宅)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ooh i just had a weird ass dream last night, ok so i fell asleep and i found myself veiwing a weird ass comic thingy and at first these 2 girls were talking over hte phone *ahem* nude, then it turned to one of the girls, and some guy appeared out of nowhere, and so the girl says "she looks like a slut, kill her" then the guy kills her but it doesnt change panels and then they go on 2 couches facing each other the guys sitting there then the girl turns all shadowy and evil and starts attacking him(at this point imagine she was some kind of hollow with shadowy smoke coming out of her eyes and covering her face and hands) and the guy(by now i was assuming he was god and i have no clue why) starts jumping around the room as she tries to kill him and then i think i woke up.

weird as hell, no?

*note* the whole dream has kind of a night effect its dark but theres kinda a bluish tinted brightness(i.e. moonlight)
ROCKdaMANGA

I watch Dragonball-Z

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have many really wierd dreams these are just two of them:

The first one i lived in an apartment building and i came home from school with my sister and for some reason i was like a clone of her and i went into our apartment and my grandma, my brother, and my mom where dead on the floor with no teeth then elvis comes in and tries to get me to take this pill that will knock out my teeth and kill me but me and my sister ran away then elvises band was trying to kill us and me and my sister started kicking their butts then i knocked elvis out with his guitar....

my second one was that i was in Mcdonalds and there was like 5 live chickens and we were all doing the chicken dance....
phalon

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

division-ten just reminded me of something else I do. I sometimes sleep with my eyes open. It's weird and I blame it all on the summer I was a boyscout counselor

- I won't go into specifics, but lets just say I had alot of issues at that camp
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Anime Pulse Forums Forum Index -> Discussions/Melting Pot All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: