Anime Pulse Forums Forum Index Anime Pulse Forums
Anime Pulse Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
How to downscale/ lower definition of HD videos

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Anime Pulse Forums Forum Index -> Technical Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Red_Alchemist

Otaku (お宅)

Otaku (お宅)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:26 pm    Post subject: How to downscale/ lower definition of HD videos Reply with quote

Is there any inexpensive way to lower the resolution of High-Def videos? Specifically the H.264 format? My other computer, which I have access to more often that this one, can't play high definition files, because the graphics card can't handle it.
Nantosh

Sensei (先生)

Sensei (先生)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:51 pm    Post subject: Re: How to downscale/ lower definition of HD videos Reply with quote

Red_Alchemist wrote:
Is there any inexpensive way to lower the resolution of High-Def videos? Specifically the H.264 format? My other computer, which I have access to more often that this one, can't play high definition files, because the graphics card can't handle it.

DO A BARREL ROLL!

Lolz, but seriously, subbers usually release .avi first and then their HD counterparts, no? I suggest just getting the .avi file... no need to pay money for a program imo...

Otaku (お宅)

Otaku (お宅)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem is I'm trying to watch a few series which i've only been able to find in HD (Code Geass R2, Soul Eater).
DEATHGOD

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you can't watch them properly they will not encode right either you'll still get the delays.

I have code geass low deff

#Eclipse

irc.rizon.net

or just search for Eclipse fansubs.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

go here http://www.any-video-converter.com/ and scroll down the page and get the free version. Then in the options just set the specs you want the video to be encoded at. I'm not 100% sure that it will be able to convert from H.264 format but it can do most formats to any of the formats that are available in the application.

But at least try it since its free and there is no ads in the software except when you are done encoding it asks you if you want to buy a pay for version but that can be ignored with one button click.

Evangelion is cool

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you doing this on a mac, windows or linux computer? I know mac/linux can probably just use mencoder/ffmpeg, but i've never used the windows version of it. In my experience it's the easiest and most versitle tool I've used. I mainly use it to transcode anime/tv shows/movies to my n800.

Be warned, it's a command line tool so if you don't like command line stuff, reading documentation, or awesomeness in general; this probably isn't for you.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.erightsoft.com/SUPER.html#Down

http://www.erightsoft.com/dlhelp.html

will do it but make sure to give it priority so you won't get skips and artifacts.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SUPER SAVES MY LIFE
but i only use it for conversions from rmvb for aegisub, which doesn't even apply to this

umm to encode videos down, i use virtualdub or vdubmod
if you're watching for yourself, there are settings you can tweak...and maybe codecs you need to DL? O.o;

Everything just magically works on my compy because I apparently have everything, so I never know anymore...

Otaku (お宅)

Otaku (お宅)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, I'm trying these solutions as we speak. And I am working with a Windows XP computer =P
Saintevil

Otaku (お宅)

Otaku (お宅)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

phalon wrote:
go here http://www.any-video-converter.com/ and scroll down the page and get the free version. Then in the options just set the specs you want the video to be encoded at. I'm not 100% sure that it will be able to convert from H.264 format but it can do most formats to any of the formats that are available in the application.

But at least try it since its free and there is no ads in the software except when you are done encoding it asks you if you want to buy a pay for version but that can be ignored with one button click.

This program is awesome. I used it to convert files to be played on my ipod. Easy to use and didn't take long to convert. Thanks
Red_Alchemist

Otaku (お宅)

Otaku (お宅)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree. This is probably the best piece of software I've picked up in awhile.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Anime Pulse Forums Forum Index -> Technical Questions All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: