Crunchy Roll Anime Awards 2018

Discuss anime shows here
thatanimeguy
Fan
Fan

Crunchy Roll Anime Awards 2018

Post by thatanimeguy »

I'm interested in hearing what others think of the Anime Awards for this year. It appears that they have taken steps to be more objective in what's being nominated rather than letting the awards degrade into "this was popular as FUCK 201X".

I'm also putting my weight behind Made in Abyss for best anime. Of the shows that I watched in 2017, Made in Abyss has rooted itself so deep in me that I still thing about it regularly and consider it one of my favorite animes.
VicMonado
Site Admin

Re: Crunchy Roll Anime Awards 2018

Post by VicMonado »

Not too sure how to think of this really. Having a quick browse of the site I noticed that they do have a panel of judges whom I assume at least decided the nominees but who knows how much influence they have over which show wins because while I thought members of the public could only go as far as to "tweet in support" there's still apparently a voting process, so I'm not sure how much that weighs in. I'd say the act of having a voting system in place to begin immediately creates the result you're talking about, a popularity contest.

But hey what do I know? Can't say that if the above issue wasn't there and it was entirely decided by judges that I'd care/respect these award shows to begin with, so maybe they just aren't for me anyways. They can all do whatever makes'em happy I guess.

Oh and thanks for the topic, haven't seen Made in Abyss but I've heard it's great.
Midnight Crooh
Fan
Fan

Post by Midnight Crooh »

I really want MiA to win, but I'm afraid of Macademia taking the prize for every category that it's in, just from sheer force of popularity.At least they've taken some steps to ensure it won't be like last year... I hope. I mean I like My Hero Academia, it's a great shounen story, but it isn't and can't be the best at everything.

-Crooh
Paltir
Bleach was cool
Bleach was cool

Post by Paltir »

Just looked through the awards...... Yikes. Best Boy? Best Girl? Best Hero? God that's stupid.

Interesting that there seems to be SOME variety of shows/genre's. As with any internet based awards, overwhelming popularity is gonna get a lot of pull. Macademia is probably gonna win anime. Possibly best shounen too, but going by most awards shows, there's generally a consolation. Meaning if Macademia wins best Anime, something else will win Action.

Nothing really of note in the awards honestly. I am a little surprised to see Little Witch Academia, which as far as I am aware was made in the good old USA, for Netflix, and was not originally broadcast in Japan. Stuff like that normally gets a bad rap because of "JAPAN IS BEST KAWAII" or whatever bullshit. Though I guess those days are mostly behind us now. Having TRIGGER behind you doesn't hurt either.

Nothing much more else to say till we see winners in a few weeks. I DO however like how they linked every show so you can watch it, assuming you have Netflix/Amazon/Crunchyroll, which frankly I assume every adult has. It's like $25 month all told?

P.S. How the hell did I miss ALL OUT. Anime about a Mens Rugby team? And it's not harem/yaoi bullshit? All in on this.
PWN
Bleach was cool
Bleach was cool

Post by PWN »

Best boy and best girl better be taken dogs, or I will think the whole thing is rigged!