LGBT characters

Discuss anime shows here
StevenG
Not So Newb
Not So Newb

LGBT characters

Post by StevenG »

Any suggestions for anime with strong LGBT characters?
InnocuousBlonde
Fan
Fan

Re: LGBT characters

Post by InnocuousBlonde »

I'm a big fan of Revolutionary Girl Utena, which may not be an outright rep for LGBT, certainly likes to bend/blur traditional female gender roles. And there is alot of ambiguous to not-so-ambiguous same-sex relationships of sorts in there. They certainly aren't a primary focus, though. Tokyo Godfathers features a trans woman prominently in the protagonist set. Paradise Kiss has gay and bi characters and a trans girl/woman.

I feel really bad I can't think of more! I even went to a panel about LGBTQ+ in anime back at Anime Boston and I'll be darned if I can remember the positive rep titles named, as most seemed to be films/OVAs I hadn't heard of before. Argh!
Crashy
Not So Newb
Not So Newb

Post by Crashy »

Does Inga from Un-Go count?
They have a male and female form (though they aren't human). I like the series (its not the best ever) and inga is my favourite character because of how odd they are :mrgreen:
Laura_McKinnis
Not So Newb
Not So Newb

Post by Laura_McKinnis »

Crashy wrote:Does Inga from Un-Go count?
They have a male and female form (though they aren't human). I like the series (its not the best ever) and inga is my favourite character because of how odd they are :mrgreen:
You are right, +1
dragonofthewest
Bleach was cool
Bleach was cool

Post by dragonofthewest »

Stephanie in Sorcerer Stabber Orphan. She use to be a dude but a had healer rebuild her body into a female.
Only allow reason to rule you
VicMonado
Site Admin

Post by VicMonado »

That would be have to be Bon Clay or Mr 2 from One Piece. He may at first look like an exaggerated stereotype of what an LGBT character would like but a lot of characters are that in appearance with One Piece. Where the series excels is adding depth to those sorts of characters and Bon Clay develops pretty quick into a very likable character. He also kicks ass.