AP 612 - Learnding

Discuss individual shows here
VicMonado
Site Admin

AP 612 - Learnding

Post by VicMonado »

Who doesn't like to learn learn things and have fun at the same time? So today let's talk about anime that taught you things, whether it be something practical (like cooking?) or perhaps philosophical (life lessons?)? It can be anything!
QueenInoue
Fan er er
Fan er er

Re: AP 612 - Learnding

Post by QueenInoue »

On this topic, I am going to say Gurazeni. It went in depth into some of the stats in Baseball. I love baseball as a sport and have a good pitching arm. They talked about how the stats are calculated as well as how that equates to a player's salary. It was very interesting.
Queen Inoue Shiromaka

Blackmagic4444
Colonel Exposition
Colonel Exposition

Post by Blackmagic4444 »

Bartender gave me a two-for-one with life lessons and advice as well as cool drinks to make along with how it came to be. Since this is a learnding post I'll share and edjamacate everyone with my favorite drink from the show.

Corpse Reviver
2 Oz / 60 ml Cognac
1 Oz / 30 ml Apple Brandy or Calvados
1 Oz / 30 ml Sweet Vermouth
Combine in mixing glass, stir with ice, strain, serve in cocktail glass. No shaker needed.
Don't get left, just get on your good foot.
MXKx20
Bleach was cool
Bleach was cool

Post by MXKx20 »

Vegeta's speech at the world Tournament:
"Spend your life, ruled by another. Watch your race dwindle to a handful, and then, tell me what has more meaning than your own strength."

That line gives me a lot of motivation in life. Taught me how to actually have pride in myself(body&mind), the world and the people we have in it; and to push beyond self made limits.

Pride ~ Respect
rampant_a_i
Bigger Fan
Bigger Fan

Post by rampant_a_i »

Even though I am a bit of an Animation buff (and have been for many years), Shirobako did give me and (especially) my sons an inside look on the Japanese Anime industry. Inside info that was much appreciated.
Wherever you go... there you are.
YotaruVegeta
Fan er er
Fan er er

Post by YotaruVegeta »

I was just going to come here and mention Shirobako!

Damn. Makes me think of KyoAni :(
xahldera
Bigger Fan
Bigger Fan

Post by xahldera »

Speed Grapher taught me that if I'm serious enough about photography, I could destroy people and things just by taking pictures of them! :mrgreen:

Wait...that isn't a good lesson to learn at all!! :o :? :( :lol:
THIS IS ONLY A TEST...
xahldera/X-ray Alpha

InnocuousBlonde
Fan
Fan

Post by InnocuousBlonde »

Hajime no Ippo / Fighting Spirit taught me basically everything I know about boxing - I knew nothing about it going in, and honestly, was not that interested. However, the show charmed me enough that I stuck with it, and gained a new appreciation for the sport.

Oh, and culinarily, Toriko's end segment "Gourmet News" introduced me to the idea of eating sliced avocado with soy sauce, supposedly as a treat comparable to fatty tuna. I don't think it compares much to tuna, but it is really tasty in its own way!
marjibi
Fan
Fan

Post by marjibi »

Baseball and tennis rules. I don’t really care for the sports themselves, but I like them in an anime setting.