AP 673 - Monster Mash

Discuss individual shows here
VicMonado
Site Admin

AP 673 - Monster Mash

Post by VicMonado »

Now we know the classic monsters, Werewolves, Frankenstein's Monster, Vampires etc. But anime itself is pretty good at creating it's own unique creatures. So, in order to celebrate that what are your favourite Monsters unique to anime?
rampant_a_i
Bigger Fan
Bigger Fan

Re: AP 673 - Monster Mash

Post by rampant_a_i »

If it were not already referenced in the opening post for this topic, I would have said Berzerk myself. There are all kinds of weird twisted monsters in the manga, not just the God Hand, and a few make it into the anime series and movies.

But I will mention, in no particular order:

(1) Attack on Tiitan's titular monsters, the titans themselves, which are a unique adaption of the giant myth. They're the main antagonists in that they eat people.

(2) Are the monsters of Claymore, demonic creatures which are very similar to the grotesque things from Berzerk.

(3) The homonculai (among others) from Full Metal Alchemist (both series) are borrowed from Western alchemical mythology and exhibit very unsusal traits.

Honorable mention goes to the mushi from Mushishi.
Wherever you go... there you are.
Blackmagic4444
Colonel Exposition
Colonel Exposition

Re: AP 673 - Monster Mash

Post by Blackmagic4444 »

Chiropterans from Blood+, blood-drinking bat-like creatures. They differ from vampires' in that they can only take the form of a beast and that's it. No glamour's or other vampires have in fiction.
The Yoma from Claymore are demon like creatures that hide among the humans and prey on them for food. What makes them unique is that Yoma are Claymores themselves who have given in to the demon put inside them which by extension make the claymores themselves unique.
Don't get left, just get on your good foot.