AP 682 - Worst Anime 2020

Discuss individual shows here
VicMonado
Site Admin

AP 682 - Worst Anime 2020

Post by VicMonado »

What are the worst anime you watched in 2020? (if you're struggling you don't have to keep to anime released in 2020)
rampant_a_i
Bigger Fan
Bigger Fan

Re: AP 682 - Worst Anime 2020

Post by rampant_a_i »

Fortunately, in 2020, I managed to avoid the situation where I watched a promising anime that turned out to be a total loser by the time it reached the end of its season. But I had several that I tried the first episode and decided it was not worth its hype.

One that came first to mind is God of High School, one of those attempts this year to adapt a manhwa / webtoon / cellphone title to anime, none of which I can ever recommend. GOH was so full of badly executed tropes that I could barely get past that first episode. It also tried to ape that same flat-shaded art style of the original work (which is constrained for technological reasons) but coupled with really jerky third-rate animation unworthy of being called modern anime. It wants to do action and comedy but falls far short of what the particular genre offers. BIG fail for me and my family, such that mys sons told me it was a huge waste of our time, as Genndy Tartakovsky (for an example of a non-Japanese production paying homage to Japanese genres) does this far better justice.

<no picture because it does NOT deserve one.>
Wherever you go... there you are.