AP 684 - 2020/2012 SUPER TOPIC!

Discuss individual shows here
VicMonado
Site Admin

AP 684 - 2020/2012 SUPER TOPIC!

Post by VicMonado »

Hey there, I have two questions lined up that would otherwise feel a little two late if I held them off till next week so why not start off the year with a bang? Feel free to answer 1 or both of these questions:

1. What are your favorite animes of 2020?
2. Do you have any anime resolutions for 2021? (e.g making a solid dent on your backlog or perhaps getting your hands on some more sweet merch, anything at all.)
rampant_a_i
Bigger Fan
Bigger Fan

Re: AP 684 - 2020/2012 SUPER TOPIC!

Post by rampant_a_i »

QUESTION #1
This past year was very weak with regards to new anime series worthy of being called the best. Villainess was quite good, for example, as was Bofuri, but neither were the best of what we managed to see air. However, we did get some good continuations of previously popular anime series. Most notably, the 2nd season of Re:Zero, the 2nd season Kaguya-Sama and the fourth (and "Final") season of Attack on Tiitan. All of these were very good additions to their respective series and deserve top picks. But having watched the most recent episode of what I thought to be a senseless errant plot for Titan season 4, I now have to give the nod to Attack on Tiitan -- its slow start looks to be very promising and worth the "grind".

QUESTION #2
My resolution/wish for this new year is a return to normal sanity, for one and all. Long shot as that might be.
Wherever you go... there you are.
Blackmagic4444
Bigger Fan
Bigger Fan

Post by Blackmagic4444 »

I'll say Jujutsu Kaisen, I like it's take on the Shonen formula. It's characters are likable, the premise is pretty unique, and maybe the best show this year Great Pretender. I don't think I have ever been an anime on the levels of Ocean's Eleven. I have a couple of resolutions for 2020, to get a better job and an apartment now that the Covid fever has died now. In the anime department to watch more of this current anime season as it comes out.
Don't get left, just get on your good foot.
Paltir
Bleach was cool
Bleach was cool

Post by Paltir »

Darwin's Game. Fantastic. Tops as long as you are into Dark poopoodoodoo.

Deca-Dence. Really unexpected.... not Zombie Land Saga twist.... But close. Great show.

Honestly most of the shows that come to mind were from 2019.... God 2020 was poopoodoodoo.

Probably the only good "Not a continuation" shows I suppose, since by the second season you are in or out.
Hard EDIT:

GOD OF HIGH SCHOOL--- Incredible fight choreography. Does not drag. And actually puts emphasis on the fighting that is why we are watching it. Very dynamic animation and the same moves are shown differently during different fights. I would put this just above Darwin's Game only because DG seemed like they are missing one or two episodes before the finale. Wonder if they pulled an EVA and ran out of money at the end.

Tower of God. Like Decadence it kinda starts going sideways. Also drug a little, and clearly they were setting up for the second season at the end. But still a phenomenal show.

Resolution would be for some half decent damn shows! Looks like a heavy load inbound. Maybe that Funimation fixes their tiny ass subtitle on their TV APP. I know I'm old but this poopoodoodoo small.