AP 686 - Winter 2021 Anime!

Discuss individual shows here
VicMonado
Site Admin

AP 686 - Winter 2021 Anime!

Post by VicMonado »

New season's well underway! Let us know which shows you are watching/planning to watch!!!
rampant_a_i
Bigger Fan
Bigger Fan

Re: AP 686 - Winter 2021 Anime!

Post by rampant_a_i »

Obviously, we're continuing to watch Attack on Tiitan, final season (Shingeki no Kyojin), since it has finally gotten out of its initial doldrums and kicked into high gear. So far this is shaping up to be a really good one.

Likewise, we're watching the latest installment of Re:Zero, because it too is getting very good. Basuru (Subaru) is finally growing up and taking things more seriously and taking charge of his own destiny while being rightfully concerned with those around him. If truth be told, even Ram might now cut him some slack.

And we are certainly planning on watching (but haven't yet started) this season of Quintessential Quintuplets (Go-Tōbun no Hanayome). I have long ago completed the manga series, so I know what to expect, but the first season's anime was good, and I hope to relive the story in this and subsequent seasons while watching with my family.

We are watching Slime Isekai as well (Tensei Shitara Suraimu Datta Ken), but so far that one seems to be slow and less interesting as previous seasons. We shall see.

We are all eagerly awaiting the new season for Log Horizon, and hope it can redeem a series that faltered in the last episodes of its previous season (years ago now). Perhaps they can pull this off.

My family and I have promised to go back and watch the first series of Non Non Biyori (I did long ago, and need a refresher) so we can catch this latest one that is now airing, perhaps binging the whole thing at the end of winter.

All of these are either continuations or resumptions of previously established series, it would so happen. As far as new shows, few are really grabbing our attention, so we might wait until we see and hear reviews from AP and the like. Spider Issekai looks promising, but though it was a trope starter as a manga, its anime seems to suffer from being late to this particular media -- here too we shall see.
Wherever you go... there you are.