AP 697 - Annoying/Bad Quirks

Discuss individual shows here
VicMonado
Site Admin

AP 697 - Annoying/Bad Quirks

Post by VicMonado »

Characters in anime tend to have little ticks and quirks (not the My Hero Academia kind), that are probably there to make them more unique, interesting and entertaining. However, sometimes this isn't the case, sometimes a character's quirks can make them annoying or harder to like. So today name some characters with bad tendencies that you didn't care much for.
rampant_a_i
Bigger Fan
Bigger Fan

Re: AP 697 - Annoying/Bad Quirks

Post by rampant_a_i »

The first thing that comes to mind is Asta of Black Clover -- his persistent gutteral yelling and loud vocalizations All. The. Time. -- even when it is not warranted. This might be because (before I trailed off of watching it due to fatigue) I was watching the dub. The English VA was more than ready to keep the character's volume and intensity as high as possible. Admittedly, this was kind of funny and almost endearing at first, but it got old soon enough. (Side note: now that the series has concluded -- rather than go on forever -- I am considering picking it back up to finish it off some day, but if I do, I think I will try the sub instead this time.)
Wherever you go... there you are.