AP 701 - Buyer's Remorse

Discuss individual shows here
VicMonado
Site Admin

AP 701 - Buyer's Remorse

Post by VicMonado »

Is there any anime related purchase that you regret making, hard copies, subscriptions, con tickets, merch, anything?

Today's topic brought to you by thatanimeguy
rampant_a_i
Bigger Fan
Bigger Fan

Re: AP 701 - Buyer's Remorse

Post by rampant_a_i »

Back when my kids were heavy into World of Tanks and, by extension, Girls und Panzer, we watched the series religiously. Yuuuuge fans. The OVA's started being made for Japan's audience in the subsequent years, but never seemed to be making their way to western shores. And the second we heard the OVA's were being put on pre-order by Sentai Filmworks, we tried to order the dubs (At the time, I was the only one who could read subtitles fast enough.) But we were willing to order the subtitles, dubs or whatever to get more of this series. When we finally got the pre-order placed we waited... and waited... and waited...
...and waited...
By the time we got the Blu-ray in the mail, I forget, but it was at least a year later... and by that time we had ALREADY watched all of them (the first six at least) via one of the streaming services.

The OVAs were good, not great, and most (1 through 5) were only half-length episodes. We still appreciate having these in our collection, but never again: we won't ever pre-order any media again, be it anime, movies or games. It has become a fool's errand.
Wherever you go... there you are.
Blackmagic4444
Bigger Fan
Bigger Fan

Re: AP 701 - Buyer's Remorse

Post by Blackmagic4444 »

My xxxholic playmat. For something that was $30 it was cheaply made, frayed and was in tatters in three months and that with some very light playing, long with rolling it up and taking it out.
Don't get left, just get on your good foot.