AP 712 - Game -> Anime

Discuss individual shows here
VicMonado
Site Admin

AP 712 - Game -> Anime

Post by VicMonado »

Games don't typically have the best track record as a source material BUT maybe you got some exceptions. What's your favorite video games turned anime?

Blackmagic4444
Colonel Exposition
Colonel Exposition

Re: AP 712 - Game -> Anime

Post by Blackmagic4444 »

Like many I don't know if the Castlevania show counts but since it has been taken I'll go with the Fate series. For as much of a power house as it and the thousands of spin offs it has keeps itself going. I don't know many other games that have a watchable media for it's many different ending paths or timelines.
Don't get left, just get on your good foot.
rampant_a_i
Bigger Fan
Bigger Fan

Re: AP 712 - Game -> Anime

Post by rampant_a_i »

My all-time favorite would have to be, of course, the Fate series (Fate/Stay Night, Unlimited Bladeworks, Heaven's Feel, etc.). These were based on visual novels that were just _barely_ what one would consider to be games. Still, there are better choices for actual video games that became an anime movie or series.

(3) Advent Children was a pretty good anime movie adaption that sprang from Final Fantasy 7. Not nearly as good as the original material's story, but not bad.

(2) Stein's Gate is another visual novel with a bit more gameplay to it, mores-so than the original Fate.

(1) Valkyria Chronicles is a RT squad-level strategy game that made for an anime series as good as the game itself.
Wherever you go... there you are.