AP 756 - The Eye Catch Scene

Discuss individual shows here
VicMonado
Site Admin

AP 756 - The Eye Catch Scene

Post by VicMonado »

Name THAT one moment from an anime that was the tipping point, that eye catching scene that just made everything click and made you go, 'damn, I gotta keep watching this now'.

This topic was submitted by DarkMagic123 *4Kids localization
Blackmagic4444
Colonel Exposition
Colonel Exposition

Re: AP 756 - The Eye Catch Scene

Post by Blackmagic4444 »

From a recent anime I just watched, Made in Abyss episode 1. The whole episode itself is dedicated to seeing the main character Rico acquaint her new companion that she just found reg to the goings-on of how the town runs itself and her day-to-day life living in the orphanage from doing small raid expeditions to their study lessons. But for most of the episode we only see their little section of the town until the last 5 minutes where Rico sneaks out to go catch the sunrise and as red goes after her the shot opens focuses on the sun as it comes up and as it rises the shot widens out letting you see just how big the town is and how it encompasses the abyss everyone is drawn to. Along with superb background music accompanying it, that helps gives it its grandeur as the scene itself tries to get you drawn into the abyss itself. Which is essentially what the show is trying to do because you're going to spend most of your time down there as you root for these characters to keep going further. So the moment I knew I saw that shot I was already captured.
Don't get left, just get on your good foot.