AP 803 - Spring 2023

Discuss individual shows here
VicMonado
Site Admin

AP 803 - Spring 2023

Post by VicMonado »

Well we're close to the end of our coverage of the Spring 2023 anime season. So let's hear it some thoughts from you! What were some of the best, worst or sleeper hit anime of the season?

p.s based on discussion with MarinerBert and Shieldbro, this is probably going to be a repeated seasonal topic.
Blackmagic4444
Colonel Exposition
Colonel Exposition

Re: AP 803 - Spring 2023

Post by Blackmagic4444 »

I can really only give opinions on the shows that have interested me really. I have not watched the whole of the spring 2023 season to give give out what's been a real sleeper hit, or bad. So I'll start with a Magical Destroyers, which may be a sleeper hit though I haven't really heard anybody talk about it. I'm definitely reminded of Trigger-esque styled visuals and animation, but I can see the show easily deteriorating based on how little story material is being put out. I'm not sure how many episodes they have to go but if we don't start getting something soon I can easily see people dropping it if the animation doesn't keep holding up forever. A second show I've been really enjoying is The Marginal Service, a show about a secret government group of people monitoring and keeping in check aliens who have emigrated on to Earth. I do love the the fact that it feels like a Sentai-esque Men in Black. Hell's Paradise seems like it's an absolute banger and I could easily see it topping the anime charts if it wasn't for a couple of other series I'll get to in a second. It really feels thought out and indicative with a goal in mind is to see the advancement of the two main characters, you couple that with good visuals and the fact that everyone including our main to leads can die makes for an interesting concept. Well I can't talk about them in full I expect Oshi No Ko and the dangers in my heart on the top of the list (I have no idea what the top 10 chart looks like I'm only speculating) only because I've heard so many people talk about it and just seen the clips all over the place. I'm sure they're good shows in retrospect but didn't interest me enough to just watch full out at the moment maybe I'll come back to them at another time.
Don't get left, just get on your good foot.