The Thread of Reading

Discuss whatever
InnocuousBlonde
Fan
Fan

The Thread of Reading

Post by InnocuousBlonde »

We used to have a "what are you reading?" thread, and I wanted a new one, so here it is!

I don't get a ton of time to read these days, and admittedly some of my reading has migrated to digital platforms. However, I still love consuming the written word. With my eyes. Not my mouth. That would be kind of weird.

What are you reading now? Manga, paperbacks, even a favorite blog qualifies as far as I'm concerned! And tell us how you're liking it. Others might want to read it too!
InnocuousBlonde
Fan
Fan

Re: the Thread of Reading

Me first!

I'm just finishing up "Love and Sex with Robots" which I received as a Christmas gift over a year ago. :? It got a bit heavy in places and i found it easier to pick off little bits rather than try to marathon many pages at once.

I'm also reading "Delicious In Dungeon," a fantasy manga wherein a dungeon-crawling party takes on a new member who shows them how to save their money and make the most of their battles with dangerous beasts - by eating the vanquished. It's mostly lighthearted fantasy adventure fare, and easy to read. I'm working on the latest few volumes of One Piece too, but I keep falling asleep when I try to read it, and then I forget which parts I read - I think I've read the same chapter like 3 times now. :P
rampant_a_i
Bigger Fan
Bigger Fan

Post by rampant_a_i »

I highly recommend Audio books for those who find the actual reading hard to do at times. I like to listen to an audio version of a book while I am commuting to and from work. I will read another book when I am at home with free time. Sometimes I will throw in a comic or a manga. I have dropped off of comics though, because the main publishers have gone to crap in the last couple of years. So Manga has supplanted Comics in that regard.
As for what I am reading at present, I am midway through "The Monster Hunter Files", an anthology of stories set in Larry Correa's Monster Hunter universe. I already liked this series before, but what sold me on this anthology was the contribution of a story by Jim Butcher (of Dresden FIles fame).
On Audio I just finished listening to Fritz Leiber's "The Knight and Knave of Swords", a book for which I read the printed version many years ago.
Wherever you go... there you are.
thatanimeguy
Fan
Fan

Post by thatanimeguy »

I recently started reading the Elric series and have been enjoying it thus far. I'm re-reading the Lord of The Rings while I wait for more books from the Elric series to come in the mail.
QueenInoue
Fan er er
Fan er er

Post by QueenInoue »

im not reading a whole hell of a lot considering i have next to no time for reading, but mostly im reading web comics on like 3 different apps,
Queen Inoue Shiromaka

InnocuousBlonde
Fan
Fan

thatanimeguy wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:11 pm I recently started reading the Elric series and have been enjoying it thus far. I'm re-reading the Lord of the Rings while I wait for more books from the Elric series to come in the mail.
Funny you should say that, my husband recently started re-reading LOTR recently too. I might follow, it's been a long time since I last read them.
InnocuousBlonde
Fan
Fan

QueenInoue wrote: Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:44 pm im not reading a whole hell of a lot considering i have next to no time for reading, but mostly im reading web comics on like 3 different apps,
Oh! What web comics do you read? I don't read any myself, but I am always curious about the state of the media as someone who watched webcomics a-splode in the '00s.
QueenInoue
Fan er er
Fan er er

Post by QueenInoue »

Some of my favorites are Empress of Another World on TappyToon, My Dear Cold-blooded King on Line WEBTOON, and I Love Yoo also on Line Webtoon.
Queen Inoue Shiromaka