AP 619 - Funny People

Discuss individual shows here
VicMonado
Site Admin

AP 619 - Funny People

Post by VicMonado »

There are many ways in which a character can endear themselves to us. So today let's talk about some comic relief characters and why they were able to bring us joy.
rampant_a_i
Bigger Fan
Bigger Fan

Re: AP 619 - Funny People

Post by rampant_a_i »

This is a tough topic to come up with an answer for.

I usually do not like true comic relief characters, particularly when they are inserted into more serious stories for the sole purpose of being "funny". In fact those characters tend to annoy me more than anything else. Of course, when the story is comedic to begin with, comic relief is not even necessary, because the whole cast tends to serve that role.

I am still trying to think of a good example that exists outside of comedy... I am finding that difficult... hmm...

(BTW, this is what first comes to mind when I think of "comic relief" and Animation:)

EDIT: I did think of one, a lightly comic character, from Full Metal Panic, Kurz Weber:
Last edited by rampant_a_i on Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Wherever you go... there you are.
MXKx20
Bleach was cool
Bleach was cool

Post by MXKx20 »

Naruto Uzumaki. He's 'a funny guy' for good reason, he's been in a lot of darkness with his childhood. His inclination to make lightheart of dire situations can draw views back in with a chuckle(Him & Sasuke 'scaredy cat' Uchiha fighting giant snake) or a hearty laugh(IE. Sexy No Justu against Kaguya).
Tywil20
Not So Newb
Not So Newb

Post by Tywil20 »

From trigun there's vash,