AP 750 - Best Big Arcs

Discuss individual shows here
VicMonado
Site Admin

AP 750 - Best Big Arcs

Post by VicMonado »

Many long anime, the kind anime that occupies many people's first foray into the medium have singular story arcs that dwarf the length of entire seasons or entire series. While people often pick at the pacing of long arcs they aren't without their merits also and are often memorable to people due to the amount of build up and scale they can achieve. So this week I'm asking, what are some of your favorite arcs from long running anime and why?

This topic was inspired/reworked from a suggestion by Pumirya so credit where it's due.
Blackmagic4444
Colonel Exposition
Colonel Exposition

Re: AP 750 - Best Big Arcs

Post by Blackmagic4444 »

Well it's not considered canon, I'm going to have to go with the entirety of the filler arc of Naruto after Sasuke leaves. It was a great way to establish and give more background on the other Genin characters that we liked way better than Naruto and Sakura. Not only that but it expanded the world around them which hadn't really been done before the Chunin exams.And while some arcs were a bit repetitive because the status quo couldn't change I think it allowed some of the writers to express more of their qualities than kishimoto ever could.
Don't get left, just get on your good foot.